About Wizards...

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

About Wizards...

Post by Sunny »

For those of us who have always played an Arcane or an Alchemist... and who decide to give this new format a try... what happens if we REALLY hate it. I mean, the fires of a thousand burning suns, hate it? Because of the radical nature of the change to our mechanics, which may render our characters in their previous forms completely not fun to continue to play as that sort of character, would it be possible, given justification, to request a second re-write after playing them once, and ONLY once?

Not trying to be cheesy, just... you know... we've not had time to become accustomed to these new dynamics yet and might find that even though we wanted to try and preserve our 'arcane-ness' or 'alchemist-ness', we just hate it in this new form and don't want to lose our characters because of changes over which we had no control or input.
Last edited by Sunny on Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

of course
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Due to the radical change in format the nuance of the changes might be lost.

Things gained by the arcane and alchemist

1) Spells are now for the most part insta cast which removes one of the biggest complains. Now you can be relevant in battle instead of sitting aroud for 10 minutes hoping to get an effect off

2) Potions: No longer do you have to wake up at 3am to touch your potions for optimal brewing

3) Nearly every spell or potion made it into the book plus some very nice new ones and if one did not you need to contact us directly which I will make a post on

4) Look at the jack of all trades path and the possibility of combining your favorite spell/potions with your favorite path skills.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

... Chris, love... I caught that. You didn't answer my question. *wink* But, Mike had you covered, so it's all good. Thanks, guys! Very, very much appreciated.
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Yay!
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Ohh how vaun will love the valkyn vi disp
Travis Cole
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

*giggle* How did you KNOW?! I'm actually totally stoked.
Anon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anon »

So what is going to happen to people who are currently arcane? Are we going to get some sort of rewrite to adapt to this new system?
+==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+
La morte paure me, le paure della vita, mi sono diviso.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

all but me will get a rewrite :lol:
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Anon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anon »

Now I really don't mean to sound like a nitpicker but I want to make sure I understand this right or at all even.

My current build is a full warrior full arcane, now I will probably max out arcanist but for my current warrior path, will rewrites be available for the new hero/villian thing or, looking at wizard to maximize arcane power, could a change in path be alright since that is totally new anyway?
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Every character in the game will be allowed a full Re-write of their character.. Race, Boon, Lifestyle, Path, Dispiclines.. however you feel the character needs to be adjusted to fit the new rule changes and additions.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Anon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anon »

Thanks for the info...
Anon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anon »

Just as a side comment about this new system. While I am upset that I lost all my spells, mostly cause I just got like 30 new spells last event and never get to use them but nevertheless the fact that now all aviable spells are public information is, I think, much better cause now players do not have to beg other PCs or spend months reserching a spell cause other players don't want to give it up.

So for now I like the concept of this new system but want to see how it is played, and in all honesty the main reason I became an Arcane was now made aviable through a new discpline so thank you for that!