new rule updates

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Anon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anon »

The Level 3 Ga'Vin discipline ability Survival, when it says no cloth or supplies, does it mean that all we need is 3 food per event to survive or is it like sage in that we can replace our need for 1 cloth and 2 supply with 3 more food?
+==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+
La morte paure me, le paure della vita, mi sono diviso.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

You only need 3 food
Crist0
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Crist0 »

I have a small complaint. I play a swashbuckler. All of my abilities are restricted to light armor because of the mobility needed to use them except for taunt. Why is it then, that there are so many different things that can fight with two weapons, but aren't restricted to light armor. The defender discipline can use the disarm ability in heavy armor in addition to using a giant shield. I propose that you remove the armor restriction on the the florentine and disarm ability for swashbucklers but keep vorpal restricted to light, or restrict the other disciplines and paths as appropriate and have everyone restricted to light.
"Taunt!" (that means bring it...)
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Good point will discuss might not change by the event.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

You do have a valid point Cristo.. but also look that Dual wield and Florentine are slightly different..

With Florentine it allows you to use a Shield of restricted size and not raise you armor category or fight with two weapons.. so it it like two skills in one.. albeit limited ones..

Where as neither Dual wield or USe shield allow you to use a shield and NOT raise you armor category.

I would even go so far to say that Florentine gives you a limited "USe Shield" if using a shiled that follows its guidleines? May have to ask on that one.

It would certainly bring it more in line with the other skills..

Disarm we may have to look at getting rid of the armor restriction or restricting the other Discipline.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Crist0
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Crist0 »

I feel that its restricted to light armor not because of the ability to use a small shield with it, but the mobility and maneuverability needed to effectively use a weapon in your off hand.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Thats what you get for trying to think of a logical reason for the armor restriction.. LOL

In all seriousness it is primarily limited to Light due to the increase in damage it causes with little side effect.

I.E. - rage increase damage, but you cannot use skills...

Florentine is passive and allows you to swing two weapons, effectively doubling your damage output..
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Crist0
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Crist0 »

Right, so those with the Dual-Wield skill should also be limited to light because it's passive and allows you to swing two weapons, effectively doubling your damage output. Same as florentine.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Logically yes.. but this is something that will have to be looked at and may not change for an event or two.. but who knows we Swashbucklers may get a better deal.. or those Darn Dual wielders won't.. :)
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

im for limiting the armor to light if you can wield two weapons, the advantage of having two weapons is great, and if you're that offensive you lose some defense.

unless its fists or claws any dual wielding should be restricted to light armor across the boards
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

Unfortunately right now, the claws discipline from Beastman lets you wield (up to) the same size claws as a Florentine/Dual wielder can use swords.

I always thought that Florentine (and now all the Dual Wield skills) should have been restricted to a tiny weapon in one hand, much like a real world instance of the 'Rapier and Dagger' rennaissance fighting style. Which is still better then Monks/ Brawler's fists, (because they can no longer machinegun to offset the small size).

If the reasoning is that not everyone can use a shield correctly (thus requiring the skill) I would like to see any of us nerds try to wield a pair of 3-4 pound yard-long swords, much less a pair of axes/ what-have-you with the plain "Dual Wield".

I think you should need two levels of Florentine/Dual Wield to swing two normal 'short' or longer weapons. That's possibly how it could recieve a better effect from being stacked- like any other skill that can be stacked.
"BY THE POWER OF GRAVESBANE....

I.. HAVE.. THE.. POWER!!!"
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

Rhul wrote: I would like to see any of us nerds try to wield a pair of 3-4 pound yard-long swords, much less a pair of axes/ what-have-you with the plain "Dual Wield".
You DO know that the point of larp is because we can't actually do much of this IRL, right? RL physics play very little part in much of anything... since if I could actually cast spells... I would be in jail for murder. *lol*

*seething in traffic rolls off a Starfire Touch. Later, as the police are carting her away reflects that anger management might have been a good call.*
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

*Shrugs* Yeah I know I'm wrong, I usually am.

But I think that's still the way to go with Florentine/Dual wield.

Resist Poison + Resist Poison = Immune to poison. Dual Wield + Florentine/Dual Wield = better with using a pair of weapons. Making it like a weapon focus is not the way to go, so so allowing the wielder to use larger weapons would be. You can't go larger than the current max w/o being broken, so starting smaller so that you can increase it later would be the way to go.

Or just restrict the armor on Dual Wields, because of the larger potential soak vs. damage output of people with those skills.

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

i agree, Dual weild = light armor
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

Even still, we need to know if Beastman claws are restricted as well. They are essentially the same..... but better.