new rule updates

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Anon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anon »

Level 2: Probe Mind
The Seer can enter the mind of unconscious, living targets. While there, the seer may spend a life point to ask one yes or no question that must be answered truthfully. Multiple life points may be used but the Seer may not be healed during the questioning or the skill is interrupted. Due to the instinctive responses of the mind, this skill may not be used twice on the same target during an event. This skill may not be used again on anyone until the Seer rests for five minutes per life point spent during the questioning. Note that all other skills may be used without resting, but no skills may be used during the reload period.

Odds are you would blow a bunch of LP to get a bunch of questions answered. It just depends on how many LP you have.

I think the skills are equal, I'm not saying Probe Mind is a broken skill. I would like to see it at 3rd level, the same as Torture.[/b]
+==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+
La morte paure me, le paure della vita, mi sono diviso.
Crist0
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Crist0 »

I think that the seer lvl 4 ability is broke. There's only two things that can resist it, paladin and man at arms. You can move with it which makes it way better than the MASTER empath ability and its not magic so it's harder to resist. You can use it through a small weapon which makes it even crazier, I could deal with all this but there's one little thing that pushes it over the edge. It surges. It can also be used in heavy. If they decide not to change it, then I'm really really really looking forward to playing one. :lol:

I was also wondering, Do the empath abilities count as spells, I'm just wondering if someone could use the advanced focus item to change the packet driven shatter into a directional, because that would kinda suck.
"Taunt!" (that means bring it...)
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

no. spells are listed under wizard.
Travis Cole
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

You know... I find it kind of hilarious that THIS is what people jump on as broken. Do you realize that a Master Warrior Tsunitour... is resistant or immune to just about every single call in the game? Oh... and has pluses to damage? ALL THE TIME.

Name the times you've seen a Seer break a scene. Until we see it more on the field, let's quit nancing, shall we? It's an argument of minutia and until we see it live, it's pointless.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

We have seen the skill live. It was the old touch of death skill, and Temple always complained about how difficult it was to get off on people. There is a counter to it. See someone coming at you with a weapon, hit them.

Just saying, but yeah, we're looking at it.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

It was supposed to be a fist phys rep, I believe, and an armor restriction is not a bad idea.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

A few things..

Difference between Dual wield and Florentine - Florentine actually states that if you a re using a shield of a particular size, it does not increase your armor category like a normal shield (this does not mean that you can wear a shield and wield two weapons though) - Dual wield merely lets you wield two weapons and states nothing about the shield (it was added to increase the capability of characters to dual wield weapons but keep the Swashbucklers and Captains kinda unique).

Probe Mind - Yes you can ask a target as many yes/no questions as you have Life points in one sitting - afterwards that character is now immune to that skill for the event.

As for the power level distinction between Probe Mind and Torture - these can be looked at over the year.

Seer - Sleep - I agree an Armor Restriction should be in order

Also Regen will not work when poisoned - NO - you cannot recover life points through Regeneration or CR though Combat Reflexes while poisoned.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

You know... I find it kind of hilarious that THIS is what people jump on as broken. Do you realize that a Master Warrior Tsunitour... is resistant or immune to just about every single call in the game? Oh... and has pluses to damage? ALL THE TIME.

That's what I saw when I read it, too. The beastman's discipline is easily the weakest, other than the fact that it doubles the size of what a brawler or monk can get for the same amount of points. I already have a more useful analog of every skill as Rhul, other than the fact that I can only use normal sized fists (I always thought short weapons were way too long at max size anyway (an effect that becomes evident with dual wield), especially one's that can block and can't be disarmed).

Smash is worth less than a Druid's 5 crush (which is LP free and requires no cooldown, only the 15 second count), and Beastmen are the only 2LP race that don't get a chance to buy the lost LP back with a Vigor purchase (Ga'Vin are also given a very cheap way to buy three levels of Regenerate as well).

*Contrary to some people's opinions, this is NOT, I repeat, NOT just me venting as Rhul. I am fine with the changes to him as a beastman personally, so fine that to a point that I am not even changing him at all (other than by getting the free 4th Advanced warrior skill slot), only stumped as to how some of the things are balanced across the racial disciplines in general.
Last edited by Rhul on Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Guys I would really ereally like it if you would post examples of things you think are over pwoered or vastly underpowered so we can correct them.

We are not so arogant to think we are perfect here. Now will it be changed this event, depends on the severity of the break or weakness, as some of it we might just want to test and see in action before deciding.

Those who just run and take the most uber thing possible will just become dissapointed when we nerf it.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

A life point + reload is more powerful than a charge time only. You'll see, either with your own skills or with me beating you ass :lol:

No vigo in beastman is probably an oversight but is that better than claws?
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Oh yeah that is NOT a cool down it is a reload but not specifically defined as such but will be fixed in editing.
Chris
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

A life point + reload is more powerful than a charge time only

Not when Beastmen are the only 2LP race that can't buy their lost LP back. And uninterrupted, I can swing 5 crush twice in the time a beastman can spend 1LP to do it once. I can be disrupted, but as I understand it, so can "reload" times. So if I understand it correctly, after the first time(which can be useful when you need it "right now"), the beastman's Smash essentially becomes a 30-count, 1LP-using 5 crush.
No vigor in beastman is probably an oversight but is that better than claws?
Mmmmmm....possibly, I don't know without seeing it in-game. Though when paired with the fact that many of the "2LP" races can also boost their damage by +1..., with defensive bonuses added up top......

Right now Rhul can already use fists that have "Iron Fists" added to them, throw a 15 count magic root, and swing 5 crush for a 15 count, with no levels spent in "Beastman". I only don't have W.S. because I chose to buy Regenerate from Barbarian instead.
Anon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anon »

I understand that Arcane and Alchemist is now limited in the number of spells currently in game but would there be the possibility of expanding that list in the future? Not PC based at all only GM choice only and PCs have no say in the matter what so ever. I am not asking for more spells or even saying that I don't think we have enough as of now but just wondering cause I see that possibility...
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

The point was to put arcane and alchemy effects in line with the rest of the game.

Right now each path has 6 effects per level (basic, advanced, master) except wizard which has 16! Now we did combine two paths into one, but even taking that into account they still get 4.

Soo before I go about adding more spells or potions I would really need to come up with 6 new effects per level per path.

As soon as you or anyone has that done we can talk about expaning the list. :)
Chris
Anon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anon »

okay was just wondering what you guys had in mind with spells and such.