new rule updates

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

new rule updates

Post by Ark »

when will the core rule book on this site be fully updated?

and will the rest of the chages be listed anytime soon: 2 paths for arcane and alchemist and what not
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

All updates will hopefully be posted by today. The rule book will be edited and updated shortly thereafter.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

There are no 2 paths for arcane and alchemy. Oh the rumors
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

alright Chris, i accept your challenge :D
Arcane and Alchemy have totally changed. See the other threads for the New Basic path 'Wizard' and new basic discipline 'Arcanist'
i see one that says basic path, and a new discipline skill that says you can choose 2 basic skills, or one advanced out of the wizard.

back to you Chris :D
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

A path and a displine does not equal 2 paths.

A + B = A+ A? no.
Travis Cole
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

someone read this over my shoulder, she says now your just being technical :lol:

EDIT: rewrite?
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

ALchemy Labs:
The Alchemy lab is an item anyone can purchase at game on. The lab has 3 levels each of which allow you to brew additional potions during the event. These lab's must be phys repped and tagged. When you brew a potion during the game you bring your alchemy tag to NPC camp and get it stamped. Multiple people can utilize the same physrep'd alchemy lab if the owner OK's it, but each person needs their own tag. The alchemy tag must be at the alchemy lab and the brewing of the potions must be done at the lab itself. Once you have brewed your potion you must bring your tag to NPC camp and receive your potion tag.

Destroying a lab: A lab can be destroyed if anyone spends a 1 minute count to do so. A destroyed lab can be repurchased at NPC camp, but this does not yield additional potions

Basic Alchemy Lab:
Cost: Free
Time to brew a basic potion: 5 minutes
Effect: You can brew up to 4 additional basic potions of your choice.
-Does a basic alchemy lab provide an additional 4 basic potions per event per person using it? Like if Ark and I both used the lab would we be able to produce 4 extra basic potions each for a total of 8 potions.

-How many Alchemy Labs can a person have?

-How long does it take to create a lab?

-
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

-Does a basic alchemy lab provide an additional 4 basic potions per event per person using it? Like if Ark and I both used the lab would we be able to produce 4 extra basic potions each for a total of 8 potions.
Yes but I think that number might be a little off. I forgot we had some last minute verbal discussions about getting 2 for 1 healing potions.

-How many Alchemy Labs can a person have?

-How long does it take to create a lab?
you can get 1 at game on and if that one is destroyed then it takes the same amount of time to get a focus item.
Chris
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

So if Ark has a basic lab and I have a basic lab, we could each use each others lab and get 8 extra basic potions each?

Can I only have one lab of each type or one lab period?

Do I have to purchase a new lab and focus every event or do they carry over?

Sorry about all the questions. I plan on testing some of this stuff this weekend.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

rewrite?

and the new level prigression advanced rules was posted, so i reposted it at SH, now its gone, is it being used or no?
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

qq, do i not get a bonus any more for the helmet i bought specificly for this larp?
YOU STAY SMART, YOU STAY ALIVE, DONT DO NOTTING STUPID.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Yes everyone gets a full rewrite except ark

The advanced progression is valid but Mike has not posted his update yet which includes the advanced rules which is why it was pulled.

As for labs you can have 1 physrep for all three labs and can only have 1 mechanical lab of each type if that makes sense. The phys rep for the lab needs to look good i.e see Dani for an example of a good looking lab.

Labs and focus items are bought each event and only last for 1 event. There is no carry over.
Chris
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

GM_Chris wrote:Yes everyone gets a full rewrite except ark
:cry:
touchée
:cry:
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

No its funny :)
Do you get a bonus for your helmet?
Yes the helmet is now a location like any other location. All we did is get rid of the funky rules that surrounded it.

So a heavy healm is 3
a medium helm is 2
and a light helm is 1
Chris
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

Chris, Thanks for the compliment! I even have more stuff I collected over the winter. Now I'm trying to decide if I'm going to use it. :wink:

So, I can only have one lab per type, correct? This would mean I could brew 4 additional basic, 3 advanced, and 2 master potions. Correct?

Every individual needs their own lab tag, Correct? Others can just share the phys rep.

If I had one phys rep for three mechanical labs, if someone were to destroy it do they destroy all three or only one?

Do I need to repurchase a lab every event or just when it is destroyed?

I will probably have more questions, but I haven't decided what those are yet.
Fionna MacNeil
Queen of the People of Haven

“We all at certain times in our lives find ourselves broken. True strength is found in picking up the pieces.”