Post by GM_Chris »

beast man??? that 1 might be different
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

beastman is claws, and none of the other claw/ambidex have armor restrictions.
Travis Cole
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

i have no problem with beastmen claws being un restricted, same with fists, yes they are better, but they are rare and require Physrep to even play the race that has a chance to use claws

dual weilding is more common, and should be restricted to light
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

On a different note...

The warrior additional path abilities. Some are really awesome, maybe too awesome (Weapon Specialization). Some seem kinda weak or unpracticle like the ability to swing 10 crush once and die. Also spending a LP to swing 1 crush seems super weak for an advanced ability, and it's limited to headed weapons. I know you don't want people machine gunning crush attacks.

The Beastmans crush ability seems super weak to me, especialy with the long reload time. If you were a level 4 Druid you could just start the battle with a 5 crush. It is not hard to hit with a crush attack, All you have to do is reach out and touch the enemies weapon. For a 4th level ability I would reduce the reload time to 15 seconds. I know what the advantages of reload skills are compared to charge up skills.

-You can unleash a reload ability right after a charge up ability. Which means you could go. "12" from rouge and follow up with "5 Crush"

-Your charge cannot be disrupted. (well, once it's reloaded anyway)

I still think this ability is under powered for a 4th level ability.

I think the crush ability of warriors should be upped to "2 crush" or "2 vorpal" if they use a sword. Put a reload time of 15 seconds on it so it doesn't get machine gunned.

I thinks the "10 Crush" ability should not kill the person automatically. I think it should drop them to -10. That way you would still need a surgeon to get them up.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm constantly griping about the new rules. I really do like them a lot, I just feel the need to state my opinion on everything I think needs an adjustment.

But I am sad that the laser guns didn't make it back... :cry:
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

opinions are good. you can give it no matter what.
we want to hear it, especially like above because you give awesome constructive feedback.

that said, don't think this was't all talked about.

:)
Travis Cole
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Don't worry, I left instructions with Matt to show everyone how good the beastman ability is. That should answer questions :lol:

The reason for the long recharge time is because with time reduction sage abilities, it is possible to get caught in a loop with root. So you root a person and hit him with 5 crush. By the time they are out of their root, you can repeat.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Root lasts for 10 seconds. It takes 15 seconds to charge. 13 if you sage buff it.

Crush takes 15 seconds to charge and reload times cannot be reduced with sage buffs (at least nowhere I have read).

You can't reload a 5 crush while charging something else can you?

I through Root at you. I then hit you with 5 crush. I then take a couple steps back (because I had to move it melee to hit you with the crush attack) and start to recharge my root ability. You will escape 3 seconds before my charge is done. I can either throw root again or start to reload my crush attack, neither of which will be ready by the time you break out of root.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

On another note again...

Rise of the Pheonix

When you Triangulate this spell does it effect the taunt call or the damage call or both. Here is why I ask...

Lets say we use Steal Life to give a Wizard with a master focus 45 life. The wizard then casts Rise of the pheonix and injures himself down to 1 LP. That person then walks into the Inn and hits themself for 1 damage, triggering the effect, for 45 damage.

Now if it's a lash attack it doesn't matter because the max you can do with a lash attack is 5.

If it's a triangulated effect it's going to be a little more devistating, dealing a triangulated damge of 45.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Ah that wording is wrong.

The triangulated part of the spell is the "taunt" instead of lash taunt.

The damage part of it still is only a lash effect.

There needs to be some added verbage too I am guessing.

"If the scene changes or comabt ends before a damaging effect brings you to 0 then the spell ends"

basically the taunt and the damage were meant to be together does this make sense?
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

and What I think Mike was saying is that was why we changed it to 15 seconds, cause if it was shorter then you would be caught in the root/crush loop...
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

I think you meant to say that's why the beastman had it's time at 30 seconds. You can't loop it. Can you loop Magic Root? It has a charge time of 13 seconds. The best you can do with this skill is somebody with 5 crush right after you hit them with root. They are stuck for 10 seconds. Then you would have to choose.

Do I reload my Crush Attack. (Which takes 15 seconds)

or

Do I Recharge my Root Attack. (Which takes 13 seconds)

You can't do both at the same time.

The target will be free from root in 10 seconds.
Anon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anon »

Quick Questions:

While in hold ground, if you hold it long enough do you gain back Combat reflexes (if you are just standing there and not in combat[its the whole passive until used then active while using part that is confusing me about this])

Using the new expansion would it be okay to when picking your skills for a path, instead of picking an advanced path skill to take one of the other Basic ones instead. Like in warrior instead of taking like Battle Tactics or Defensive matrix you take Hold Ground.

Is Immunity like resist in that if a call contains the thing you are immune to you ignore the whole call?
+==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+
La morte paure me, le paure della vita, mi sono diviso.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

no. the recharge of hold ground is timed/active. having the armor is passive.

no, but you can buy hold ground as an out of oath skill for twenty points.

immunity is exactly like a resit, except it is passive. any attack with the call is ignored. the entire attack.
Travis Cole
Anon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anon »

Thanks...
+==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+
La morte paure me, le paure della vita, mi sono diviso.