Out of Curiousity

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

don't get me wrong. rule tweaks are a good thing, what i am trying to point out is when people want to RP their characters but have difficulty because they also want to stay within the parameters of the rules

i.e the battle of haven where frequent game stops had to be called to explain rules and mechanics.

we want to avoid the confusion so people can get to the main reason of larp..telling a story and having fun.
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I can agree with that.

I thought the game stops were caused by scene problems and limited NPC's more that rule explainations, but I do understand your point.

I am of the belief that you should play out a scene and then ask the rule question(s) later.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

Actually, the Knight discipline already has a hit to potential soak vs the +1 damage, because you have to be Priviledged. I would think the one less LP makes more difference than armor restrictions when you need to use LP skills and stand up to incoming vorpal damage.

I personally think the soak of all the disciplines really don't need any alterations. Even a lowered armor category restriction can be mitigated with quality/Kandium armor. Garritt (my WH character) is an Empath, and with some forethought, I can have around 17-18 soak, the big factor being a full set of quality light with a 1LP/1 CR helm.

If anything, clear up other muddy parts of the rules first. Like clarifying doors (also the possibility of officially adding in the WH version of keys), legal helmet creation in line with the new classifications of different styles of helmet, change all the scattered instances of "x count" to "x seconds" like it should be, and such.
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

I don't really have any issues with soak. I guess my only concern is that I think similar abilities need to be standardized across the field (like my peeve with knockout's varying charge-times and Armour restrictions), which may, or may not be, related to this question. For example, if you decided that Pikeman needed to have it's level 4 restricted to medium armour or whatever, Undead Slayer level 4 needs to require the same.