long.....................37...................49
hand and a half.....50..................69
two handed...........70..................79

Types of weapons
blade
headed/blunt
pole arm/staff

now here are my questions now that all that info is there:
1) what constitutes a pole arm? is it leangth? or does it just have to look like a spear? as far as it was discussed pikeman was a good discipline because of the fact that the weapon was unweildy, so that means its leangth right?

2) could someone have short pikes? long? do they have to be at least hand and a half?

3) if its size then could someone have a two handed sword and use pikeman? as one two handed stick is as unweildy as another two handed stick right?

4) if you make two "sticks" (short sized, not bladed) would they fall into the blunt/headed catagory?
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

These are all just assumptions. Your guess is really as good as mine...

1) I would say it has to be in the hand and a half (50-69) or two handed range (70-79) and look like a polearm.

2) I would say that they have to be at least hand and a half and you should not be able to use a shield in conjunction with the spear.

3) I would think that it has to look like a polearm of somekind.

4) I would say yes. They are like escrima! No cross guards though.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

i promise your not being ignored. right now there is a large rules discussion going on on the GM side. Please be patient, and keep an eye back closer to the end of the off season.
Travis Cole
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

The rule for walking has always been one foot in front of the other… if your character is bipedal. This simply can’t change. So the rules discussion must concern walking for quadrupeds.

The method used can vary widely depending on the character’s anatomy. Take land striders from Dark Crystal (fore legs move in tandem and hind legs move in tandem), elephants (right fore leg, left hind leg, left fore leg, right hind leg), dogs, (opposing fore and hind legs move in tandem), and rabbits (hind legs move in tandem – forcing a hopping motion). As such the governing rules for walking must be taken on a case-by-case basis and based on the core animal design.

Enforcement of quadruped walking rules can be tricky, as, again, you need to know the core animal that governs a particular PC’s walking motion. But given that, I’d recommend a ‘three-strike’ system. If a wolf-based character is caught hopping three times during an event, the character then must use rabbit stats for the rest of the event.

Hope this input helps settle the rule discussion. :P
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

no problem, i figured it was being discussed somewere else.

i just very much see this as a fantasy game, and as long as no rules are broken and it dosnt provide any bonus advantage i dont see the problem.

masive sword, masive spear....so i would rather be cloud than cid, big deal.

duel weilding spears!!!! thats right, i said it!!! this is something ive always wanted to do, and now with lighter more stable weapon materials on the market i feel its viable :D people were able to duel weild massive weapons at Carps, it should be fine hear as long as no rules are broken

i belive the purpose for headed/bladed/pole arms is not how it looks, but mechanical, example

headed/bleaded - were so that damage breaks would not happen, such as a master swash, master undead slayer swinging 2 vorpal with two weapons, not good, or crush vorpal, not good.

pole arms - are obviously an advantage of weilding a long weapon, and as long as the weapon fits the leangth requirements of pole arm, it should be fine

like i said, as long as now rules are broken, i dont think it should matter what they look like, you could have weapon type A, B, C, instead of sword, blunt, pole arm, and it shouldnt make a difference
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.