Disguise

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Anon
Town Member
Town Member

Disguise

Post by Anon »

Once it becomes active, it is considered then a passive thing?
+==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+
La morte paure me, le paure della vita, mi sono diviso.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

i sure hope so, but i have questions about it as well

-do you HAVE to NPC, or can you just spend the time to disguise and call it good.

-if you are a half breed race, can you disguise yourself as either one.

-what is a "full body search" is that spot? or is that spending a minute to search the dody.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

The NPC thing is actually to help you not hinder you. :)
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

oh i know it is, im just curious if you have to or not
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Woden
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Woden »

Ark wrote:-do you have to go to NPC camp when you use disguise
Yes, you have to. Its designed to stop metagaming and insta-switches. You come to NPC camp, we send you in as an NPC so people see you as a different character than your own, so they can suddenly metagame when you come back into game. (metagaming) It also provides us with a short term NPC. (good for the game) And lastly it stops PCs from running in and out of game in a 'disguise' causing unsupervised chaos. (insta-switch)
Ark wrote:-if you are a half breed race, can you disguise yourself as either one
No, you are restricted to your 'dominant race', i.e. the race that matches your Boon.
Ark wrote:-what is a "full body search" is that spot? or is that spending a minute to search the dody.
Ill let someone else confirm, but my understanding is that its the minute count to search the whole body. (this would technically function to find things usually reserved for spot, since we dont have a 'Hide stuff on my body' skill.)
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Spot
This skill allows the Rogue to reduce the time it takes to find hidden items. It also reduces the time it takes to conduct basic searches by half (see searching on page 74). Some items are visible only with the ‘spot’ skill. Lastly this skill allows the character to conceal an item on his body, doubling the count it takes a person to conduct a basic search and successfully find the item.
Spot allows you to hide an item on your person.
Woden
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Woden »

Ah, what do you know. That wasnt in there 7 years ago. ;)

My question then is on the time part. Does this seem right..

Full search of a body = 60 seconds
Full search w/ Spot = 30 seconds
Full search if item hidden = 120 second
Full search w/ Spot AND item hidden = 60 seconds

?
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

Yup, that's how I see it.
Anon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anon »

What if I mimicked this skill and activated it, once disguised if I mimic something else does my disguise go away? I
+==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+
La morte paure me, le paure della vita, mi sono diviso.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

I would say that the skill becomes passive when you apply it, but if you lose the skill then you can't keep the disguise up.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

right.just because a skill is passive doesn't mean it's not doing anything. If you loose the skill, it's gone
Travis Cole
Woden
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Woden »

I would say yes it goes away. Disguise just isnt about makeup, its about changing your voice, your manerisms, the way you walk. If you mimic'd something else, Id say your concentration was blown and your disguise unravels.