Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

....i get it

like in star trek, they dont all speak english, they speak...COMMON!! :lol:
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

LOL

I think if you read it you speak it, if not then you can't. Is it just like real life, no but neither are the rest of the skills. The answer wouldn't be role-playing, the answer would be if the book doesn't say you can do it and they have rules for it (languages) then even if it doesn't say speak you can assume that it would be included unless specifically told otherwise. Always default to can't not can.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Jaycen Blackhawk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Jaycen Blackhawk »

Ark wrote:....i get it

like in star trek, they dont all speak english, they speak...COMMON!! :lol:
Actually they have Universal Translators built into their communication devices that translate everything to English.

(In actuality the language being spoken by all Human characters in Star Trek, though English, is supposed to be Esperanto).
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

Soldier
Mercenary
The Last Hawk
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I thought it was in their ear as shown when quark went back in time to Earth.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Thanks Eric - I thought it, but figured I wasn't going to correct him and turn this into a Star Trek thread. :wink:
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

I always found read write a very useful ingame skill. I used it to write down in game notes, write down potion recipies, spells, manage my merchant books, and read NPC litature.

With out read and write skill I could do none of the above items.

The usefullness of a skill all depends on how one uses the skill. I haven't found a skill in the book yet that is not useful yet.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

technincally

"write down potion recipies" HAs to be able to be done with out read/write. You could for example draw the steps. you could not, read someone else's recipes however.
Travis Cole
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

True on the writing of potions and spells. But if you do not have read and write you can not copy the spells or potion recipies from a person book. You must be taught. The writing in the book is just a way to rember that you learned the spell or potion recipie if you do not have read write.

To me, that alone, makes read write a cool skill.