Sages

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Atrum Draconus wrote:Not really, a jack of all trades is never as good as the person that applies more time to their craft.
exactly, waylaw, 1 knockout for i belive its a 15 count, might be wrong, 2 point crit strike. are you as good as a basic rouge? NOT AT ALL, through your knowledge do you know how to do some basic stuff? yes
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Not really, a jack of all trades is never as good as the person that applies more time to their craft

YES, but even the racials are faster and better. if they more skills where this balance was needed, sure, but they get less skills and they take longer than similar skills in other paths.
Travis Cole
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

You've about convinced me...to remove a skill from the other paths.

I understand what you mean about the time differences. I'm not of the opinion that it is the sage that is incorrect. The racial should probably be 15 seconds, as well as the brawler. The rogue should have the lowest time, at least their basic level.
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

I'd agree with you Mike. In my opinion, the racial abilities should be more situational than the actual skills.

Although, from someone who has had a sage planned for more than a year and a half (part of my WH character history progression if Garritt dies), I never really had an obvious problem with the current sage build, other than several scoffs by players at my wanting to be able to read/write 5 languages (not to be gone into here, or course, lol).

Sure, I might not use waylay much, but I almost never use Rhul's racial ability to be immune to disease, either. But like Kyle said, if I ever had to knock out a farmer who's gone crazy but not kill him, even a sage's waylay comes in more handy than higher skills I pay through the nose to have as Garritt.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

If anything changes, I highly doubt it will involve reducing Waylay time, or a simple reshuffling since this could impact a few builds.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.