way off topic

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Atrum Draconus wrote:There are furries too but I don't think we should get rid of beastmen.
Thank you. I have now just envisioned the church of F&P... I must now pluck my eyes out. The poor alter boys.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

and heidi is their prophet.
Travis Cole
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

Rhul is not a furry. He is a mascot, the ancient racial enemy of the furries. It was their unchecked war that brought about the first cataclysm. Not the piddly little one we are recovering from in-game, the big one that noone talks about, for fear of reigniting the war between the fur-clad races of power.

Rhul is simply a leftover from that time, you know, like a Balrog.
Last edited by Rhul on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

the one that separated the land of the carebears from the land of the my little ponies?
Travis Cole
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

The very same. The casualties on each side were horrendous, which is why only a few ponies remained, to become the anscestors of the modern Unicorn. (Sorry Doug, I can't change history.).
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

I've reached the point when I don't care what I'm about so say...

As with eater of the dead and other deciplines, if you don't like the concept or it bothers you on some moral or ethical level then don't play one. Don't power game and use the diciplines if later one you are just going to argue at some later date in time how the whole entire concept bothers you.

I love playing a witch-hunter, I'm CARPS's original and I have enjoyed playing Aurora....I don't have a problem with the name because I see this as a game. As I stated before there are tv shows, mmoprgs, movies that use the term witch-hunter. I'd be annoyed deep down, but would do the switch to Mage Hunter or what I like better Arcane Slayer.

Based on Temple's argument, I you are making me feel like my enjoyment of the character concept is wrong and that I'm running around with white kkk robes on. It's getitng a point where playing one almost isn't enjoyable at all...period.

Chris the only way I could even express Erik's view on this, look at it from his side, is if you called a Witch-Hunter what they call them in Castle Age: Origins...Templars. Does this bother you on some level? If the Witch-Hunter class were called Templars instead would you still be making the same argument?

In the future, my recomendation is that if you don't like the concept just like with movie, tv shows, music you find offensive..don't play it and stop bitching about the fact it exists and just enjoy the game. Remember this is a game people. Don't ruin the fun for everyone else just because you have a bee up your booty.

GMs: If you are going to change the path name to make is gel more with the magic system we do have in game I would think Arcane Slayer or Arcane Hunter would be a tad intimidating since they are the ones with the big booms and a slayer of magic can shrug it off.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

Two thing's I have noticed missing in this thread.

1. What was the intent. Words do carry certian meaning, but there is also the intent of the person using the word. With the proper intent and inflection, body movement, a word can be viewed as ugly/bad. So what was the true intent of using Withc Hunter in FH. I believe it was a simple title for a disapline. That's it. Or maybe Mike and Chris have a secert agenda :twisted:

2. If certian title's of path's or displaines offend, they could be changed to Path A,B,C and Disapline 1,2,3, etc.. It would make people explain how there abilities work instead letting the title ditacting how they play a skill, path, disapline.

It truely does not matter. Certian title's will offend certian people. It does not matter what you call what, some one out there will not like it. We are adults and can choose how we react to it. For the most part, everyone is cool and handle it as grown ups. To me, it boils down to intent on how the word was intented to be used or how people are using it. Words can not hurt,it is the people using the word that cause the problems/harm.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Aurora wrote:GMs: If you are going to change the path name to make is gel more with the magic system we do have in game I would think Arcane Slayer or Arcane Hunter would be a tad intimidating since they are the ones with the big booms and a slayer of magic can shrug it off.
Except that Arcanes don't necessarily use the call 'magic' in everything. Empaths do. Just saying... :)

Also, anyone else notice how this thread keeps teasing us with lulls into just fun silliness, then keeps getting sucked back into some weird debate that has no real chance of being resolved?
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

I'm sorry people, from now on I'll just be quiet and not talk about things I care about. Hahahahahahahaha oh boy, that was even hard to type with all the laughing. I don't care if anyone else cares about anything that I do, that's not going to stop me from bringing it up when the convo comes up.

I think things can be resolved, they aren't going to be in a few post on a forum. I think it's funny that people keep thinking everyone is upset or angry and I haven't really gotten that from anyone that's actually been discussing and not sniping.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

I agree with Temple in that I have not gotten the feeling anyone is really angry or anything. And we wouldn't want you to shut up, especially in the off season--we like to keep these boards active during our down time.

Finally, the GM staff would be more likely to agree with you Temple if you ever came to full events. Unfortunately we have more committed players that we have to appease first :lol:
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Oh nice... :D
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

same reason we don't have any rule updates anymore either?
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

I know I don't take these talk's serious. I find them fun. How boring the world would be if everyone agree's :D

And I late to the talks becasue I hav ebeen traveling for the last 3 days. I missed all the fun :cry:
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I never got upset though Mike thinks I lost my mind.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

GM_Chris wrote:I never got upset though Mike thinks I lost my mind.
Why do you think its only Mike?

(c:
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"