Armor Phys rep Requirements

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

And I really only have 1 rule and that is I do not want to ever unnessissarily update the rule book so I guess that puts me on Heidi's side when this is all over. :)

Though I tip my hat to Ark it is not a bad idea and I will ponder it.

If I didnt post though then I would not be able to maintain my title as lead instigator
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

General Maximus wrote: Hedi,
Thanks for giving me a smile today. I think we can agree to disagree. It seems we are always have polar opposite opions. Which is alright :D
Can't wait for the next disscussion.
You're most welcome. As long as you are smiling or chuckling and it's not a huge vein pulsing on the side of either YOUR head or mine, we are doing just fine TYVM.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

so we can get the number straight, exactly how much is the upkeep reduction for wearing real heavy armor?
YOU STAY SMART, YOU STAY ALIVE, DONT DO NOTTING STUPID.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Maximus, like i said that is not "final" in any way, the amount of CR or armor and trade off could be changed, CR regen, and so on.

yes you could not wear armor and have alot of saok, but not as much as if you had armor, and im glad that it would be an actual choice to not wear armor.

Chris, glad to throw out an idea
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

The CR trade off thing is a neat idea. I'd definitely drop it to fall under the same rules as per the encumbrance rules that currently exist (quality and helms not counting) (thus effectively a 3 to 1 ratio and a max of 3). This would avoid things like making Swash much more powerful than it already is as a free 6 CR would be devastating there and in a few other combos.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Just as an aside, if you did the CR to everyone thing we'd also have to look at the numbers for knockout again.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

i dont think increasing knockout by a point or two would be hard, especially givin how sick vorpal knockout is right now.

and 3 seems a little small though i do see the point that 6 is alot, i would probobly go with 4 points

1 point loss per 3 points of armor

4 CR
3 armor - 3 CR
6 armor - 2 CR
9 armor - 1 CR
12+ armor - 0 CR
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

The only issue with 4 is you now have seperate rules for this and other armor rules. It fits alot better with the current armor rules. Otherwise you have to either say helmets count for this but not for discipline/path or that quality counts which will confuse people. In the end, 3 is more than 0 and people would still be getting something for nothing.

Not saying 4 isn't possible, it's just that people don't understand the rules as is, so doing this in the same manner as an already existing mechanic not only reinforces that mechanic, but makes understanding the new one that much easier.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

so you would just want something to the effect of

no armor 3 CR

light armor 2 CR

medium armor 1 CR

heavy armor 0 CR

so its currently 3,2,1,0 that could also be 4 with 4,3,2,1

i know you see it as getting something for nothing, wich it is, but if the number of something is too small, people will still wear "bad" armor just for extra points

so
6 was half as good as armor - too much
4 is a third as good - i like it
3 is a fourth - i feel its too little

so how good do we want the armor to be, if its too good people wont care about the CR and just try to wear anything they can to count towards soak, if its to crapy people wont wear it at all, i still feel 3 is too low but agree with your simple is better
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

I really don't like the idea of upping soak, and this will up a *lot* of character's soak - everyone's, depending on how this rule pans out.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

I'm going to assume that this rule is so that you can represent the fact that armor slows you down.

We are already actually inhibited by the armor we wear. It actually does slow us down.

I don't see what this brings to the game. If it's to represent that it's harder to avoid blows due to the fact that you lose mobility while wearing armor then it's pointless because your phys rep already does that.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

Umm...

When did the GMs state we were going to change the armor rules? I'm with Fesko in that I don't want to see soak upped more for that will mean damage will need to be upped more and for me at that point we're playing something like CARPS.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

heh, I had forgotten this was an attempt to get people to wear good armor. This won't minimize the extremist attitude to be honest. It'll always be "This person has more $$$ than me and it's not fair." no matter how much you help them.

But, that being said I do like the idea (and why I went with 3). To get better armor, you need an armor marshall who the GMs support and is willing to say, "No, that armor isn't good enough" Now, there is no set mark for what that is, as if it looks good and is obvious for what it is supposed to be then I'd say it's ok. With the CR, you can move that bar up a little. If someone shows up in something barely passable, you tell them "You can use this for the next event or two, but after that,

Now as for the moving up categories, I still have no issue with a one level up or down allowance, with or without the added CR.

As for the upping people's soak, it'll only up the non-coms and light combat people so it shouldn't affect much. Damage would not need to go up since the max soak would not increase, just the average which means little in most combats.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Just to come right out and say it, you can expect no rules to change. I am the rule meany person and I dont want to see them change anymore.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Only until we get to Mike and convince him to convince you otherwise. :D