Armor Phys rep Requirements

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

this is a solution for what is at the base of wearing "bad" armor

people will wear bad armor just to get extra soak, so you have to give them a little something that you can take away when they were armor, if people get something for not wearing armor, you can be more strict on armor rules.

as Eric pointed out this solution does not increase max soak, a warrior wearing full heavy armor will have the same soak.

however, the squishy people who dont wear/have armor gain a little soak bonus, low to mid range soak is increased, max soak stays the same
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Again, I think this is a neat idea, but it fails in it's intended goal. The solution to people wearing bad armor is exactly what you said "Be more strict on armor rules" more or less strict is irrelevant since you have nothing now.

This is one of the basic issues in the game, there is little to no policing of *any* rules (players shouldn't be policing each other). We all like to play nice and not upset people and thus our standards have continually slid. Fortunately, this is offset by the people that do care and move the bar back up.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Armor rules are fine as they are. No upping Combat Reflexes.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Goonter
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Goonter »

Onimaster wrote:Armor rules are fine as they are. No upping Combat Reflexes.
Agreed.
The Wanderer
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

I like to reiterate that anyone can have heavy armor with Hockey pads painted metallic, or with bluefoam via Casey when he plays Trusk. Both of which are quite easy to do, and pretty cheap (especially the bluefoam pad route).

I figure our of bluefoam and duct tape, I can make a breast and backplate, shoulder lames (pads) and tassets (the part that hangs down from the breatplate over the wearer's thighs) for less than 20 bucks. That's a set of armor that counts as everythng but a helm. And I see leather helms (in my way previous post) for very cheap prices.

I'm even thinking of doing a set for this year, just for fun.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I bought (insert what ever sport they were cuz i don't car.) l legs, arms and chest when we first started, used plastic primer and metallic paint. it was very, very cheap. The legs are still good. (kneeling on cement in painted knees was dumb, but easily fixed.)
Travis Cole