Repel

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Repel

Post by Zeira »

How long does Repel last? What does being "Repeled" entail? I figure it acts as "Fear" against undead and other worldly beings. It does not say what this entails in the book. Thanks!
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

from book.

The fear effect lasts for ten seconds.

I believe this is left out of the book, since effects that affect PCS by banish, state their effects in THEM.
Travis Cole
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

I'm very confused by this answer. I was just wondering how the repel call works. I know how fear works, but not how repel works. Does it make them go running or just cant approach any closer? How long does the effect last? I understand some NPC's are immune to the effect or it effect's certain creatures differently but what is the skill generally supposed to do to the target is my question.

Level 2: Repel Undead
Undead Slayers can summon inner strength and repel undead. They simply hit the undead with a spell packet or weapon and call "Repel". This skill costs a life point to use and may not affect more powerful undead creatures.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

the answer is : It depends.

Banish isn't much clearer.

This skill takes a 15 count to charge. Once charged the next hit will be a ‘banish.’ This
skill effects undead and some other mystical creatures and will most likely destroy them.
Even if it fails to destroy the opponent it will cause them great harm, reducing their
strength and powers.

and the reason is , when a being is affected by repel or banish, what THEY have decides the effect.
Travis Cole
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Gotcha. Thanks!
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

as a general rule of thumb, it will act as a fear, yes, but as Travis said, it does depend on the creature and is written in such a way to ward off complaints about the skill not working as it should.