Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Crist0
Town Member
Town Member

Banish Stuff

Post by Crist0 »

Level 3: Banish
This skill takes a 15 count to charge. Once charged the next hit will be a ‘banish.’ This
skill effects undead and some other mystical creatures and will most likely destroy them.
Even if it fails to destroy the opponent it will cause them great harm, reducing their
strength and powers.

I'm always seeing people use banish with a packet and I always wondered if it said that banish could be used through a packet in the description. You would think that it would say it could be packet driven like all the other packet driven skills, but it just says next hit. Was banish meant to be able to be used through a packet or have people just been doing it for so long that it seems normal?
"Taunt!" (that means bring it...)
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Probably a combo of my and Doug Fesko's fault. We both used to use it as packet. It may even have been packet back then. I do not see an issue with this skill being packet based (or both). Any objections to it being changed over the winter?
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

I asked for clarification on that back in year one. Delivering Banish in either packet or melee form was approved.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Crist0
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Crist0 »

I don't really see a big problem with it. I just wanted the clarification. If banish can be packet driven then I don't see why disenchant can't be packet driven and fear for that matter. Why does fear have to be melee only? Imagine this, you see a big mean orc in armor with a giant weapon, he lets out a huge battle cry(throws packet) and calls fear. Whats wrong with that?
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Witch Hunters can disenchant all enchantments on a target by striking them with their
weapon. This skill takes an uninterrupted 15 count to charge. Once the Witch Hunter’s
weapon is charged he/she must strike the target with a weapon and call “Disenchant”.
This has no effect on magic items the target may be carrying.

No packet.

Barbarians inspire fear in those around them. The Barbarian may spend a life point and
hit their target with a weapon or spell packet and call “fear.” See page 82 for more
information about “Fear”.

fear says PACKET
Travis Cole
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Can a skill that is normally delivered through a weapon be delivered through a fist-phys rep? I would assume yes, but you know what they say about assumptions...

If the intention of the skill is that you should be able to use it via packet it should state it in the skill. If it does not say through a packet that means you can't use it via packet.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

Actually how about oh Mike, Todd, and those we are appealing to on this can we get a ruling on both of them. I want to be in compliance since things are being analyzed these days.

I've done both via packet and don't want to do anything I'm not suppose to do.

-julie

oh and PS i can see disenchant just like with banish being chargable since technically it's the whole charging of an anti-magic.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Wield Fist

Everyone can swing 0 damage with a single fist phys-rep. Fists cannot be disarmed but cannot be used to block blows (ie getting hit in the fist phys-rep is counted as damage). Skills and hero points can be used to increase a fist’s damage. Packet driven skills may also be delivered via a fist unless stated otherwise in the skill. Any packet driven skill used in this manner is still considered ranged for any skills the wielder may have to alter the skill, however is considered melee for the defender. Fists may not be the target of any skill or spell which would destroy a weapon nor are they affected by shatter. Fists are considered ‘Tiny’ weapons for purposes of construction and should be made white with no hilt. Please see page 92 for information on how to make a Final Haven Safe Fist Phys-rep.

(Added that ranged skills are still ranged for any add-ons (ala vorpal), and that you can block said attacks).
Travis Cole
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Neither Banish or Disenchant are packet driven skills. No where in the wield fist description does it state that you can use a fist as weapon, only that you can call damage with it. The only part of the description that refers to a fist as a weapon is how the phys rep is constructed. Disenchant states through a weapon, which a fist is not. So you can't Disenchant through a fist phys rep.

That's how I would read into it if were anal. However that's probably not the intention of the skill.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

looks like it needs to be added in the rule update. They added FIST to tons of skill, but they may have missed some of the more obscure ones.
Travis Cole
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

No one should take what I am about to say as an official ruling. This is just my opinion. The gm's will talk amongst ourselves and you can see if I am in the majority or the minority. I personally don't care how any surging skill is delivered. Most of them are pc versus npc skills anyway and for the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck (just calling it how i see it).
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

crap he is on to me.
Travis Cole
Crist0
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Crist0 »

cole45 wrote:Witch Hunters can disenchant all enchantments on a target by striking them with their
weapon. This skill takes an uninterrupted 15 count to charge. Once the Witch Hunter’s
weapon is charged he/she must strike the target with a weapon and call “Disenchant”.
This has no effect on magic items the target may be carrying.

No packet.
I was suggesting that it be altered so that it can be used through a packet. I know that you can't deliver it through packet with the rule as it is now. I was just wondering why they couldn't use it through a packet. Why is just limited to weapon?
And sorry on the fear I must've missed it.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Disenchant is slightly different than Banish in that respect. The Banish being packet isn't an issue since it's really only a pc vs npc skill, and has been primarily used that way since day 1. Disenchant is designed to force the person to get close so as to make it harder to remove enchantments which way back when took a long time to put on. Personally, I don't care if both become but Disenchant is actually pretty ok at melee only.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Goonter
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Goonter »

When I played a witch hunter, I was told that disenchant could not be packet driven. However, at last FH I saw several disenchants being delivered by packet. I am completely confused.
The Wanderer