QUestions about how NPC's were able to do what they did

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Out of curiosity, are you sure it was a bow and not a channel? I'm not saying it wasn't a bow, just that I know I was throwing channels. We had two real bows. I was unaware of much packet bowing going on.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

As a general note on thrown weapons. (We will amke sure they are safer all around), but its a bugger to aim them. DOnt get upset because you get pegged in unhappy places I am sure it was not on purpose.

I mean I aim for the groin knowing I am such a bad shot I am bound to miss...I hope
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

GM_Chris wrote: I mean I aim for the groin knowing I am such a bad shot I am bound to miss...I hope
:lol: hah hah hah, what a brilliant idea
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Azra
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Azra »

GM_Chris wrote:As a general note on thrown weapons. (We will amke sure they are safer all around), but its a bugger to aim them. DOnt get upset because you get pegged in unhappy places I am sure it was not on purpose.
I am guilty of this! Sorry boys!
Azra Celevares
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Oh, yes – I’m sure it was a bow. Channels whipped around the corner (that hit me before anything else) I took without a problem.
I can understand a PC resorting to the Cheese School of Combat. Their character’s and friends’ characters are at stake. They are in the moment – immersed in the situation as they should be – and can start cutting corners in their excitement and desperation. If I’m an NPC (or PC) up against a PC getting cheesy, I’ll roll with it, or call them on it if they’re really getting out of hand.
There’s never an excuse for an NPC to get cheesy, though. They should be focused on the rules and presenting a fair, safe, and fun experience. An NPC machine-gunning, fast-counting, or using unfair cheesy tactics (moves that capitalize on the game environment but could not possibly happen or get you killed in the real world) such as turtling, charging, wrapping, or ankle-biting can’t be excused. When the NPCs only concern is winning, I’m not going to repeatedly break scene (and risk getting screamed at) to call them out on their cheese.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.