Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

GM_Chris
GM

QUestions about how NPC's were able to do what they did

Post by GM_Chris »

Here incase you want to discuss this further

Yes in the rules, for PC's who want to know

"All abilities are limited to light armor or less, due to the need to move freely."

So dont go making a build like Aaron's

What Aaron failed to mention was the buffs the king gave out which were in no way in the rule book. Being that We Gm's came up with the buffs and we make the rules then we were not cheating. :)

That is why people were able to throw for 66 damage (no magic call attached) and other wierd things that didnt seem to make sense.

We had healers so the elite troops had healing circles going just like the PC's

I understand how some people do believe that NPC's should be heald to the same rules as the PC's, but if we did that then the battle would have taken an hour and not have been as challenging.

Let me know if you have other questions or concerns of a strictly mechanical nature
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Jaycen Blackhawk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Jaycen Blackhawk »

I'm a firm supporter of the axiom that states:

"The GM is allowed to break, alter or modify any rule to advance a plot or story line as they see fit."

This also goes along with the axiom that states:

"Roll with it. Never stop the scene to complain about something that makes no sense. Assume that the GM said it was so until after the scene then seek one out or clarification."

This leads to another set of axioms:

"If a mistake was made the GM will fix it."
"If someone cheated the GM will fix it."
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

Soldier
Mercenary
The Last Hawk
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I should add though that most of the "wierd" was mostly minimal.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

I agree, and I did mention it in my feedback.

And to be perfectly honest, I totally forgot about elf king buffs!
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Jaycen Blackhawk wrote:I'm a firm supporter of the axiom that states:

"The GM is allowed to break, alter or modify any rule to advance a plot or story line as they see fit."

"Roll with it. Never stop the scene to complain about something that makes no sense. Assume that the GM said it was so until after the scene then seek one out or clarification."

Couldn't say it any better.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Jaycen Blackhawk wrote:I'm a firm supporter of the axiom that states:

I agree for the most part. Me and Nelkie had an entire debate about taunt during a fight because I thought he was doing it wrong. That was bad form on my part and next time I will wait for a convienient time to bring it up with a GM.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

Aye, yes taunt.

Taunt just boils down to this. You can only attack the person who taunted you and you can not run away. Nothing more, Nothings less. You do not have to run after the person at all. Taunt does not make a person dumb and they still can defend themselves. It is a first level skill! :D

Yes, I was buffed by the king for a time which did allow me to do some really nasty stuff. But you can make a 20th level empath that can use a shield and have 18-20 soak. Noting special is needed and all can be gotten in game easly.

FYI, The guys Vince and I where all based on characters builds in the book. The only time they where not was when we got buffed by Chris.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Hey,

What are the machine gun rules? I was told different things by the PC's during the event and wondering what the current rulling is.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

The Current ruling is, there is no more machine gunning, it was taken completely out of the game
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

But you were backing away. Not running but still not directing your actions towards the taunter.
Level 1: Taunt
The target must direct all actions towards the Swashbuckler until the target is struck by another character (Damage does not have to be dealt), the Swashbuckler dies, the Swashbuckler turns their back, or the Swashbuckler leaves the line of sight of the target. Taunt takes an uninterrupted 5 count in order to use. To use this ability, the Swashbuckler must hit the target with a weapon or spell packet and call, “taunt.” There is no armor restriction for this skill.

If the Swashbuckler also possesses the Mind Games skill, then he/she gains an immunity to Taunt.
The skill states that you must direct all actions towards the taunter. I would assume that if you choose to move it could not be away from the taunter. Nor turn your back on them.

I think we need GM a clarification on taunt. Because I really am curious about this.
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

You have to have a 45 degree min swing between each hit. Otherwise it is considered machine gunning
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Ok, if it just a 45 degree turn, than a person can swing as fast as you can clearly speak the call with a light short weapon. It just a flick of a wrist which a skilled person can swing for 2-3 hits per second. escpial if you travel up and down a person body.

I started doing this, was called on machine gunning than dropped down to 1 call per second. I did want to piss folks off.
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

You did want to piss people off? LOL I know what you meant. I guess I should rephrase it in 45 degree arm swing, not a flick of the wrist...
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Goonter
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Goonter »

The only concern I have about machine gunning is that it is impossible to keep track of how much damage you've taken when the hits are so ridiculously fast.
Last edited by Goonter on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Wanderer
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

I just read the 45 degree/90 degree rule and it does say arm. Good catch and point :D :shock:

It just means a person should only call for damage about 1 per sec. I see why people where getting a little pissed. I was going what's the problem. I'm swinging at least 45 degree's per swing, but it was my weapon not my arm.

It was a good thing I slowed down than :D

You will always have the machine gun debate when you only have to call out a number. If folks think it is truely an issue, than I suggest adding damage type after the number to slow down folks. So it would not matter how fast you swung, you still are limited on the call. You can not clearly say 1 edge or 1 blunt quickly.