40%
5 minute reduction, except kill calls.
60%

Total votes: 15
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

the 3/5ths is fine as is. You really should only be doing the math once ever anyway (as once you've done it, the next time will be exactly the same). Using multiple points is generally a waste of your hero points, to be honest. If you plan to do it, then do the math ahead of time.

Secondly, every skill is in 5 second intervals so like Mike said, just divide by 5 and multiply by 2 and that's your new time. This should not take any real effort to do in your head in combat, especially since you can't be in the thick of it anyway.

And ultimately, handling hero points is like any other combat skill. I mean being attacked by a variety of damage and effect types and using life skills that may affect how you take damage or how much you take is just as complex and must be done much more on the fly.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Personally, I doubt i will ever use a Hp to lower the time on something in a game.. I will use it for life or damage. Taking out instant uses of skills really doesn't make Hero points all that heroic to me, and I found almost no use for the time reduction.. I think all year at WH, there were only 1 or 2 times I ever saw people use Hero points to reduce time.

As for ideas, i had my one, and elsewise I cannot think of any good way to do it simply and still keep out the skills not desired to be used quickly.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

I've used the time reduction, for people that have a lot of long long ass timed skills like a rogue assassin it comes in extremely handy. And I also see how instant is broken. Having someone call 5 or 6 (or more) 30's or magic sleeps consecutively is just WAY WAY too much and unbalances the game drastically. You could literally kill 4 or 5 people before any of them could react.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Atrum Draconus wrote:You could literally kill 4 or 5 people before any of them could react.
yes... someone could have done that... :)
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

I say put em back the way they were. Kill calls and all.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Maybe add a new HP effect. "Save Your Ass - Dodge any single packet, melee, or damaging attack."
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage