Dosing mechanics

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Dosing mechanics

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

I have look through several version of the rules from current iteration(SP?) and all the way back to the 2003 version; and I also scanned the rules chatter on the forum.

Cant find anything on the topic of...whats the official GM process for dosing a PCs beverage with potion/poison??
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
Fiametta
New in Town
New in Town

Re: Dosing mechanics

Post by Fiametta »

Yes please answer this
No, I am not an Emo-Elf despite what some people may say *glares at Eli*
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

First of all, please NEVER put an actual something into someone else's food or drink.

The best course of action would be to alert a GM BEFORE doing this. You will need your 2oz container (your potion phys-rep) and be able to role play (spend the count time it would take to consume the potion) pouring it into the food/drink. Hand the ripped in half tag to the GM Then the victim would consume the drink/food. Idealistically, someone from staff would be witness to all of this to ensure everything has been done properly. The staff member can then alert the drugged player that they have consumed X potion. That player may, or may not be able to resist the effects.

While it wouldn't be against the rules for the players to communicate this themselves, it would reveal who did the drugging and there's possible metagaming involved.

As for leaving a tag under the cup or plate, there may be questions as to whether or not someone just left the tag or was the food drugged?

I think the best bet is to have a GM witness the whole ordeal whenever possible.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

While I am certain this does not apply to you, only an idiot would read the above and think I was speaking about actually putting something in a players consumables.

1) Only an idiot would do that
2) I very specifically said PC...NOT player.

But thanks for the response/clarification...

PS ...thought potions were 3oz containers???
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Aproximetly 2oz

http://www.finalhavenlarp.com/phpBB2/vi ... 2oz#p72767

*makes note of another verbal rule not in the rule book to look at in the off-season*
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

WELL NOW...
Sir Kaylan Chargeender