August 2015 Feedback

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Khorvalis
Town Member
Town Member

August 2015 Feedback

Post by Khorvalis »

All ye Heroes (and Villains) of Haven!
Let's hear what you have to say about last weekend's event at Camp Talahi :wink:
~Khorvalis~
Druid of the Redwind
Hierophant of the Circle of the Sun
Follower of the Light and Keeper of the Sacred Flame

"Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are."
Jamie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: August 2015 Feedback

Post by Jamie »

I can never really think of anything specific to say for feedback. So, um, I had a lot of fun and the campground seemed very nice and everything was great and I wish I hadn't had to leave for work Saturday morning. :)

(I still can't believe you people made Aurora the leader of town.)
Mahto Snowbringer
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Mahto Snowbringer »

I had a really good time, I really liked the camp ground. NPCing was a freaking blast, and possibly made this the best event I have ever went to. Loved battling, and role playing, with all of you.

If I had a complaint it would be the complete disregard to the rules of the game. I understand it's harrd to keep count in battle I mess up sometimes, you mess up sometimes, we all do it. But, like, actually try please. You aren't any cooler if you don't fall in battle and your cheating. In line with this I think the game would be much improved if people really concentrated on role playing. Make your character, understand him/her, and stay in character. Again, I understand this can be hard but it is called live action ROLE PLAYING for a reason.

As always kudos to all the GMs for an amazingly well run event and for being the coolest cats in town.
Mahto Snowbringer:
Commodore of Haven's Royal Navy
Commandant of Haven's Marine Force
Leader of The Savage Phoenix Tribe and their village of Dar’dakous
Captain of "The Chimera"

“Fortune Favors the Brave."
Baxtor Warren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Baxtor Warren »

I came into this event thinking it was my last event with smitty, so make some quick coin, stay away from monsters and avoid the problems of the town as much as possible....I end the event broke, sore and saddened that more could not be done.

At first I thought that with the short staff, there would be long wait times and few plots, but I was busy with one plot or another almost the entire time I was awake, great job.

I am surprised how much I got sucked into the plots and this pluaged village of one.

There was some PvP this event, which is part of the game, there is risk in attacking a player, and it is always a delicate situation for the gms to try to make it fair not only for the town but for the people involved. I do not know the circumstances in the actual attack nor what abities were used but it did seem that if a large group of people band together and risk everything they should have a chance to succeed. And I'm usure if they did this time. I am also not asking for additional information in this matter, just an observation.

The spell compass needs to be looked at. Never before have I had the world's largest clue by 4. Perhaps a longer reload time like once a half hour or an increased cost.

To the players, the rp this event during game was awesome and kept me in character, keep it up. The second we got to npc camp it seemed as though all that went out of the window... I know we're just waiting on the staff but if there was one place I can see room for improvement is there, and I k know I am also guilty of it as well and I will try to improve.
Isho
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Isho »

event was really fun. I loved the buildings but the hills for me are too much. I will be glad when we go back so I don;t fear breaking my knees.

I didn't like the very late start. To me that throws everything off. Check in was long. I assume because of the short staff.

Charging was quite bad at times. (MIKE.) Most of the plots I went on were well thought out and fun.

It as great to see Cori again after such a long time.

thats all i can think off.
The Witcheater
"When I am full I almost sentient. When I am hungry I am danger to everyone."
Isho
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Isho »

Please don't blame the gms for my inability to kill Brian. Both ends of that are PC driven. We had a chance and a man in a mask fucked it up. That is all.
The Witcheater
"When I am full I almost sentient. When I am hungry I am danger to everyone."
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Alright!

Overly long feedback post incoming! I'm actually quite surprised about all the short responses for feedback so far. However, stating this observation may just be filler for not having a lot of feedback myself on this event. I am quite please about the amount of feedback posts so far too. Everyone, please, keep up the posts and using the forums! (Down with Facebook!)

First and foremost! THANK YOU to those that stayed and helped me look for my keys. I appreciate it lots!

HOLY POOP! This was just an awful event for Kami. This was a decent event for Angie though - not fantastic, but not a bad event either. I do think that personal plots derailed a good amount of story in the agenda. While I prefer following/discovering the story arc for the event, it was the personal plot derailing that affected Kami the most.. and have resulted in the need for her to make some major life decisions. (Horrible for Kami - probably good for character growth)

I will agree with Eric - RP was superb this event, and Kami had to make some decisions as to what to do in situations she's not been forced into before (Good Job Players/GMs!)

Ark - just so I can get this off my chest, your jacket was very pretty and looked really good on you and whenever I saw it, I just wanted to reach out an touch it ... prrrr... It went well with the dark hair. I the look of your character this event. I give you kudos! You looked freakin' fantastic.

Troy - I give you props for doing something no one else has ever thought of or done before! Kudos some more! (if you want to know specifics, I'll let you know in a private venue.)

Khorvolis - You surprised me...

Jamie - I think you did an excellent job sliding into the role of leader. I think you played Aurora perfectly in that situation. OH! And THANK YOU FOR THE TEA!!

Eric - Thank you! I think you know why. *wink*

Mike - Cenric.. I think you know.. confused.. so confused.

I too liked the camp, but not the hills. I think I was talking with another player while descending the hill and mentioned we were only walking down it so that we could be made to walk back up it again (while not true, we weren't looking forward to climbing it again)

(more later)
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Isho wrote:Please don't blame the gms for my inability to kill Brian. Both ends of that are PC driven. We had a chance and a man in a mask fucked it up. That is all.
Brian? Don't you mean Kaylan?
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

nope...once I was at monster camp, Travis jumped me and tried to Chucky doll me...then the mask twisted and he couldn't see and bonked himself on the coconut with an open door as I was spinning around.....was very odd....

in serious mode: Travis is correct, the GMs were not the catalyst for the save...nor was I (in fact I advised against it).
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
Haku
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Haku »

What an event... Glad I've had some time to decompress and relax, I think I was on my feet the entire weekend!

I think we're all in agreement, beautiful camp, HORRIBLE abomination of a hill. I did enjoy how it slightly forced the pc's to mingle in one common area though, if only bc they were tired of walking up and down the hill...and back up...and down

Friday was interesting... I think the only feedback on that is I don't think PvP should limit what else is happening in the game. Game plots and progression shouldn't be put on hold bc we want to play vigilante. While I believe PvP is necessary in a game like this, I don't think it should take precedent over the game itself.

The role playing at times was AMAZING, and other times it slipped. I know I'm guilty of it, but for the most part it didn't break any scenes this weekend (that I noticed).

There were a few rules issues, I think the biggest challenge was field calls. For the most part the confusion was easily and quickly cleared up, props to the smaller staff.

Plots were decent, I think I'd like to see a few more puzzley types, where just being a beatsick isn't going to resolve things... Maybe things that utilize less popular skills?

All in all another great event, the few issues I had were already brought up. Can't wait to see everybody at the next one!
~ Carpe Nocturn ~

Paer'An' Alla'Ana
Lightning Rider
Defender of the Flame
Honor Guard of the Last Grand Oracle
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Brian in the best sport I have ever seen about pvp ever. :P
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Thanks everyone for the feedback and do keep speaking your minds. I don't usually chime in here this early but wanted to say that for me personally, I had a great time and really enjoyed the mix of players and the interactions and the continual unfolding of the pvp situation which was organic to story and fascinating to watch, all of which ending with Kaylan getting a second firestone and needing to be put down again. My stunned desire to watch that plot unfold probably contributed to some of our other plots being derailed, though I agree that shouldn't be the case.

Puzzles are always an interesting part of all of this. There are always puzzles planned and this event some really good ones were created in my opinion. However, the plots attached to those puzzles did not run. The first puzzle was put right into the research book but never really pursued. Another plot with puzzle was hooked via inbetween events research but never had a chance to run and a third plot was hooked unsuccessfully. These puzzles will be seen eventually...
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

GM-Mike wrote:...Kaylan getting a second firestone and needing to be put down again. My stunned desire to watch that plot unfold probably contributed to some of our other plots being derailed
:lol:

Oh man..
SirJoriel
New in Town
New in Town

Post by SirJoriel »

I have to say this was the most fun I've had at larp in a while. I enjoyed a lot of things. Here's my list.

The good: I enjoyed playing a new character and interacting with everyone. I hope everyone likes my rendition of Cicero as much as I did. The plots I did were all really fun with a decent mix of puzzle and being beaten by Brad for not knowing pixies were made of peanut butter. The fights were pretty awesome including backwards Merrick and Demon Nick. Kaylan was also fun to take down. Aurora is an awesome leader. And of course, Smitty who unwillingly is teaching me magic. Special shout out to Desdemonia, Rurark, and Ween for rolling with me a lot.

The bad: I forgot my towel :( and the hills sucked ass.
Cicero the Impatient, Bard understudy to the court wizard of Brennondale, slayer of demons, and official storyteller of the battle of the bloodfence.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

Ark wrote:Brian in the best sport I have ever seen about pvp ever. :P

Well, why should I NOT be?! I am sure the culprits must have seen Kaylan's tattoo that reads "if you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine..." in Dwarven runes on his hairy dwarven rump while they were searching him...

:twisted:
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis