August 2015 Feedback

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Khorvalis
Town Member
Town Member

Re: August 2015 Feedback

Post by Khorvalis »

This past event (while only being my third larp) was the best one for me so far!
A big thank you to all the staff and player for making my family feel so welcome.
I'm sure they'll be back for more events in the future.

My thoughts on the campsite was that the place was beautiful.
Would have been nice to have been able to go swimming though.
But as for that hill, it seemed more like a mountain for me! (My legs are still aching from all that climbing)

The PvP was interesting and I really feared for my life. I think instances like these make the fantasy world really come to life. We all can't be heroes, but then again, we all can't be villains who kill recklessly. Kaylan's murder and the impending threat to the other good people of Haven made the danger ever so real. Yes, some of the plots were derailed, but the weekend was still chock-full of fun and adventure.

I want to commend our NPC's for the weekend. You guys were awesome. I wish you guys could get a hero point for such good roleplaying. Jacob and Andy as those kids at the haunted house were utterly delightful! I know we were short-staffed over the weekend, and without you guys assisting the GM's, I don't think the weekend would've been the same. But either way, it seemed like there was no lull-time in the game. I think I was up til 5am both nights doing one plot or another. I know many of the other characters managed to only get a few hours sleep the entire weekend.

GM Merrick, you were pretty bad-ass as that six-armed monster... who knew you could be so deadly while dancing backwards? Also, with you and Nick as the Mayor and Demon, that was one dangerous combo. Additionally, I totally knew something was up when we met Mike and Brad as father an son in that god-forsaken town. Thank you GMs for bringing the world to life.

As for players... a special thanks to Rothek, Jeff, Thruldur, and Kruldur for showing my brother and his girlfriend the ropes this weekend. They specifically asked me to thank you.

Rothek, you did a wonderful time role-playing this weekend, especially when the PvP was going down and you gave that heartfelt speech before venturing off to Killeshandra. Also, thank you for saving me as the Spirit of Nature... Khorvalis is still ecstatic from flying through the air in a whirlwind, tunneling through the ground with the moleman and meeting that Nezumi, Chik Chik Nok!

Aurora... congratulations on stepping up as the new town leader. You made some very tough decisions and roleplayed being unexpectedly thrust into a seat of power so well. Taking charge and leading us through the last demon plot as well as the flesh golem battle... you were awesome. (Although, Khorvalis worries that you could be the next target after Kaylan)

Kaylan... even though you were missing most of the weekend, when you showed up, you really went out with a big bang! Taking on all the Heroes of Haven? Impressive. You're RP with me over the broken armor really stuck with me that I had to text you OOG. Glad to have you back.

Nellie... although only a few of us got to see you at work when we raided the cabin where the villagers were caged up, you were wonderful when you roleplayed your visions. I really felt the anguish you were experiencing and the pain you felt in that evil place.

Gondowon and Uncle Falbor... you and your games! And who is Navira? Gondowan, is there something you aren't telling me?

Rurak... thank you for consitently "catching the ball" and saving our butts. Khorvalis is glad to have a Ga'vin like you in his corner.

To the Tsunotaur brothers... You two seriously cracked me up. Ah, you make me wanna RP a female Tsunotaur one of these days!

Jeff... I have to give a special shout out to you. Aside from being a sweetheart... Not only did you die twice this weekend, but your bowling ball fatality with the flesh golem was EPIC! I loved it!

Desdemonia, thanks for everything - next time don't forget your hair! To the Chicago ladies, I hope to larp with you again soon. Finn aka Pretty Bird, I hope you seriously consider joining the Circle of the Sun. Cori - thanks for the noodles. Smitty, it was finally great to meet the grand wizard everyone had been talking about. Ween... I owe you big-time for helping out with my crops and really roleplaying concern for the needy of Haven. Paer'An, I never knew something had happened to your eyes, you RP'd being blind as a bat well. And Isho, thanks for walking with me down those steep stairs. Leo, please stay out of trouble. Cicero, loved the feather in your cap (birds of a feather flock together, they say!) and King Vaal, it was great adventuring with you for at least one evening.

And Kami... I can see this as the start of something very promising.

With all that has happened, I hope we all can figure out a way to deal with the Seraphim Fleet. Does anyone know what the King's Law is regarding murder and matters like this? Perhaps we could flesh out this system of law in the next weekend or even on the boards? Just a thought. The killing of the Commander of the Guard and the imminent threat to the lives of Havenites would undoubtedly call the attention of the powers that be.

Well, my novel is done. Looking forward to seeing you all at the next Final Haven Event.
~Khorvalis~
Druid of the Redwind
Hierophant of the Circle of the Sun
Follower of the Light and Keeper of the Sacred Flame

"Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are."
Mira
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Mira »

Firstly, let me say this this was my first event in two years nearly, and you didn't disappoint. I felt that there was the right amount of difficult monsters versus downtime for everyone to figure out what was going on behind the scenes and have some excellent player-to-player roleplaying.

Secondly, though I bitched and whined and moaned the entire weekend about that cursed hill, I LOVED this camp. It was beautiful and easy to navigate (which coming from someone who only by the grace of God can find her way to the nearest grocery store, that says alot...lol)

Thirdly, it was indeed amazing to see so many of my old friends after being away so long, and to make new ones. You all MADE this event! You rocked! You're role-playing was spot-on and even the PVP had purpose. Kudos!

I had nothing to do with the Seraphin (sp?) group, other than they actually saved my ass during some of the battles, and they did one good deed that Mira personally witnessed, so she did not (and refused to) raise a hand to them. Sorry if some of you did not agree with that, but Mira is new in this and she felt that this was one family quarrel she was best to keep her nose (and sword) out of. Thankyouverymuch...

In the end, I really don't have any complaints. Having to leave everyone broke my heart but I take comfort in he fact that I made so many new friends.

Mostly, I want to thank everyone for making my lil sista's, Fin (Pretty Bird's) first LARPing event so memorable! *^,^* She hasn't stopped talking about it and she can't wait for the next FH event! So kudos to you all! <3

Oh! Special thanks to Merrick for his badass (backwards) fighting and truly epic roleplaying, and Mike and Nick for helping us check in so late on Friday night even though you guys were clearly tired. You guys rock!

Overall, it was a pleasure meeting everyone, and thank you for putting up with Mira (aka-Bitchpants McCrabby Mage Hunter)! Cheers! ❤️
Slayer of Sorcerers and Decimator of Diaberie
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

(okay, I have time for more)

While I'm very glad we did make it back into the cave of wonders..err the cave, it didn't seem as difficult as it should have been. Last event, we barely made it through room 1. This event, we made it through rooms 2-5 just fine. Do red X plots fade to pink over time? (mind you, while I don't want to die, I do enjoy some very difficult situations.)

I was going to complain about the lack of a "big" final battle for Saturday night. I realized later that I probably just missed it due to the aftermath of what I felt was the closest thing to the big Saturday night battle... The town VS Kaylan :twisted: - you're welcome.

I would be in favor of using that camp again despite big hill (I think the Port Huron one is worse... and I wouldn't mind going to the PH camp again either!)

Although I'm sad that Mike was cleaning the mess hall AGAIN after the event, I was happy I was albe to talk to him about a few things while cleaning. (Also Jamie and ____ I forget who - who did dishes and such that morning deserve some hero points or some reward points).

I don't like being up til 6am doing plots.. Idealistically, I want to go to bed by 2am.. maybe 3. (Maybe I should learn to say no and go to bed) On that note, didn't like being woken at 10 due to land sharks.. but really I'm sure there were players (and GMS) already awake that wanted to get stuff going for the day.. blah (because if we were left to sleep, there would have been negative feedback probably on stuff not happening Saturday morning/Saturday afternoon, right?)

I forgot to vote for anyone for hero points on my sheet
I forgot my shampoo/conditioner in the camp shower (this was an issue Sunday when I got home and wanted to wash the larp off me)
GM-Lisa
New in Town
New in Town

Post by GM-Lisa »

Better late than never...I'm not great at giving feedback.

I loved attending, as Mira stated I've gotten the "LARP fever" and it was all due to this event and the people. I had intense anxiety about doing something like this with so many people and then the concept of being in game all the time is difficult (the last one I did had like 4 PCs so this was vastly different).

I greatly appreciated everyone who was patient with me as I asked a billion questions in and out of game, as I adapted to the rules and remembering what I can do. I'm sure it can get frustrating constantly reminding new players of things but no one ever made me feel bad about it.

Khorvalis - we'll definitely need to talk about the order of the Sun either in forum or next game I can attend :) . Finn is definitely potentially maybe interested.

Aurora - thank the stars your around because I would have died without you! Finn definitely looks up to you as a fellow healer and as a player it was great meeting you!

Rurak and the Tsunotaur Brothers - thanks for protecting Finn! She's only pretty good at healing and running away so thanks! Plus, you all saved the day so many times it was great!

To everyone else I didn't name, thank you for everything it was so much fun meeting you all :) !!

To the GM's - Finn had some pretty odd questions about her healing capabilities so thanks for answering them all. All of the knowledge was vastly useful! I also really enjoyed all of the plots and how they all flowed well together.

The only bad part was and its not actually bad but more of a wish haha - I wish it was longer than one weekend! I had so much fun I didn't want to go home on Sunday and I wish I could have stayed up for the final plot.

Anyway, it was a blast and Finn will hopefully be back this year if I can be to learn more and help everyone on their adventures.