April 2014 event Feedback

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Re: April 2014 event Feedback

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

one more feedbacky thing!when we submit in between event stuff, EACH ITEM should be addressed in your responce ....every single one. EVEN if that responce is not yet or more work needed...or ...SOMETHING...so that the players knows it wasnt simply overlooked.
I get that some things wont happen form one event to he next or maybe even in under a year, but some note of acknowledgement should be made on that item each time its submited.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

one more feedbacky thing!when we submit in between event stuff, EACH ITEM should be addressed in your responce ....every single one. EVEN if that responce is not yet or more work needed...or ...SOMETHING...so that the players knows it wasnt simply overlooked.
I get that some things wont happen form one event to he next or maybe even in under a year, but some note of acknowledgement should be made on that item each time its submited.
Just for your peace of mind, Brian, for most people this is not an issue. It's only for the people who have a list of a hundred things, most of which are so far away from ever possibly happening that you have to wonder what the player is smoking for even asking for one of those things on the list, let alone a hundred of them do we sometimes drop the ball in this respect. We will try and do better...
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Mike your so cute when your surly....

Well I do submit a long list on occasion, but that doesnt mean im expecting a yes on each of them. If the request is never made, the answer is ALWAYS no.
My request was simply to get that no. Besides, with all your leasiure time now that Taki isnt doing in between event requests, what else do ya have to do eh?
:lol:
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
GM-Amanda
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Amanda »

Yeah, that door's pretty terribly positioned. Might not be a bad idea to do like we did with the PC cabins at Shawadassee and put some of those doors out of game. I think Brian is right (gasp!) that we can clear away some of that brush and get the back door closest to the "Inn" cleaned up so it can be used safely.

I don't like any of the doors since I can't easily trap them. Yet :P
You are what you dare.

RESEACRH
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Food was great!!! the extra tasty soups were just the thing to warm the belly on the cold...snowy...frakn shit ass Michigan bullshit weather....night. Thanks to the Hamogis that did he food for that.
Thank you so much for this Amanda! I hadn't seen this until today. Thank you.

If anyone has any specific feedback on the soups- what they liked, didn't, favorites they'd love to see again or suggestions for a different one they'd like to see eventually, let me know.

Whould people be in favor of continuing a soup based meal plan?

We are looking into cutting/preparing veggies at home to cut down on time spent in the kitchen. I for one would rather spend my time outside the kitchen or serving drinks and not making the food. So, if someone wants to play a cook or kitchen wench....
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

add sausage to the mushroom soup so its awesomererer!
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

I guess since I don't actually feel like doing what I should be doing right now, I'll finally leave my feedback.

I really enjoyed this event. To be honest, I was a little apprehensive going into this event for personal reasons.

I agree with a lot of what has already been posted. I was constantly busy and barely slowed down.

I LOVED the puzzles in the plot for the trumpet!! They were awesome puzzles and my sage hints were just helpful enough without giving it away. Mike, I liked the fish one the best!! I'm a puzzle geek so bring em on!!

I wish I had realized what stun did. Oh well, no harm, no foul. It worked out in the end and in fact, lead to some pretty awesome roleplaying in the aftermath of that battle. Right down to sending Cirrus running for my bag and dumping its contents all over the table.

Just like CJ, in some ways I felt like this was just another area that does not care who we are. Now, I know I see more NPC's than most who know who Fionna is (partly because I wear that darn crown), but I would have enjoyed knowing some of the NPC's personally. Someone we've interacted with in the past, or what have you.

Most of the plots I went on were great, as well as the role playing throughout the weekend.

The food was amazing (mostly because I didn't have to cook it.) A suggestion on soups, maybe crockpots would be helpful. That way the soups stay warm all night. Plus with liners, they are a snap to clean up. I am more than happy to bring in a couple if you guys don't have enough. Plus if you're going to do some of the prep ahead anyway, there are a lot of great recipes that you can make ahead and freeze so the work is all done. I know how much it sucks to spend most of your event in the kitchen. Also, I promise I won't forget the jugs next time.
Fionna MacNeil
Queen of the People of Haven

“We all at certain times in our lives find ourselves broken. True strength is found in picking up the pieces.”
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Fionna wrote: Also, I promise I won't forget the jugs next time.
*snicker*
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

or the eggs....

which I am STILL friggan eating.....I think im sprouting feathers...may have to switch Kaylan to Aviana
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Phinkis
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Phinkis »

The eggs were awesome though!
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

Oh Angie, I always remember those jugs!! Next time I won't forget my water jugs.
Fionna MacNeil
Queen of the People of Haven

“We all at certain times in our lives find ourselves broken. True strength is found in picking up the pieces.”