Meal Plan Feedback

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

GM_Chris
GM

Meal Plan Feedback

Post by GM_Chris »

Since this was our first time doing the meal plan I thought I would start a feedback link. Please remember that we were not going to just supply food but logistical support. I felt we didn't live up to the logistical support promised, but I do hope to do better next time.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
GM-Amanda
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Amanda »

The food was great, perfect LARP meals. Food for me during events is such a dash affair anyway that I almost did *just* pancakes, but hunger really is one of the best sauces. I was so happy to see Bill up earlier than I was Saturday morning so I could drain half the coffee pot. :P

If you want to recruit Cirrus for future cooking/cleaning shenanigans, let me know. She's good with a knife. :D

One thing I would recommend is having something simple as backup if pancakes become too overwhelming. I heard a few people request waffles - if a freezer is handy, a dozen boxes of instant waffles might not go amiss. I know pot pies go over well in the WH inn. Table munchies might be nice too - popcorn, peanuts, etc.

Part of me wishes I had stayed for dinner, but the other part of me really wanted a beer at game break. At least before the service at Bib's anyway.
You are what you dare.

RESEACRH
Jamie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Jamie »

Your foods were delicious! I just had the breakfasts and pancakes - pancakes were awesome but I had a couple that were a bit raw in the middle... blergh. Also I concur with this suggestion of waffles! WAFFLES!
For the good of all of us... except the ones who are dead.
ollie
Town Member
Town Member

Post by ollie »

I thought the food was good and you guys accomadated a lot of wacky time frames.
Ta'Ruk (DECEASED)
Mikklen (DECEASED)
Vilwin bin Yusef el Selah
Hitakari Tomayoshi
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

Dinner was fantastic, and I was very much grateful that I chose to participate.

I only had Breakfast on Sunday, but what I had was good. I always prefer bacon to sausage, but that's not going to stop me. Also, having some fruit, oatmeal or other easy, healthy options wouldn't be a bad idea.

One thing that I did notice - I love the fact that you were serving coffee, but please bring cream and sugar next time. I can't do too much black coffee, so I stayed away from it.

Great job, all told. Thanks for all your hard work!
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
taymoonlight
Town Member
Town Member

Post by taymoonlight »

I really enjoyed the food this weekend. With the exception of one pancake that I had on Saturday everything was delicious. I agree with Korrigan about the fruits and stuff but I dont mind bringing my own stuff either.
Thiseus Moonlight
Master Healer
"Contra immortuos"
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

I have to say I have seen many attempts at a meal plan in my days LARPing, this was one of the better ones.

I am not a huge fan of pancakes, but they are a solid all day option. I agree wafflles would be a nice second choice.
I am an eggs and bacon kinda guy, but sausage is ok. I would also suggest breakfeast sandwich as an option, the ones I make for house guests are popular. I do two eggs with sharp cheddar in between on lightly mayo ed bread (begal works too). I add bacon or tomato if the mood hits. They stick with me well into lunch. I would be glad to help if you guys wanna trye em next time.
Dinner was an 8 outta 10 on quality. The cajun chicken was better than I had expected and the marinara was solid as well.

Would like to see iced tea personally next time, but beverages seemed fine.

my ONLY gripe is that teh servers were a pair of ugly, smelly, orc pimples....almost couldnt eat around them...specially the one with the shag carpet taped to his legs...
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Nellie Duncan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nellie Duncan »

Loved the Saturday dinner! It was amazingly scrumptious, if the salad hadn't been added, I probably would have asked how much for a second plate. XD Here's me crossing my fingers that it will be offered next time!

Both breakfasts weren't as lovely as the dinner, but that's mostly because a) I'm not a breakfast person, b) I hate pancakes, c) I didn't wake up in time on Saturday to get the good sausage, and d) I was busy trying to get that darn puzzle solved to get my Sunday breakfast hot. So the breakfast failures were pretty much my fault, no yours.
--Nellie Duncan
Minister of the Interior
Master Sage
Master Craftsman