september 2012 event feedback

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

If I recall, it goes as follows: If you utilize the Starfish call, you are required to White Sash for a minimum of one hour after recovering from said injury.
HERE HERE!!
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Kiel Reid
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kiel Reid »

Had a great time. I appreciate all the hard work you guys put in event after event to make this game fun.

I'll start with the good stuff. I like how accomidating and flexible the staff is. In regards to the lake especialy. I know I just kinda made some stuff up as far a purification but ev'eryone rolled with it. The people I took down to the lake were all like "Where are the NPC's?". I want to thank them for their help as well.

I liked every puzzle I encountered. The button one was extra fun. I see the NPC staff trying to make every skill usefull. The 5 number puzzle was extra difficult due to the combat element.

The diseased apple tree was very fun as well. I liked the overall roleplay element as well. Feel like we dead ended on that one but I think we kinda missed something.

Thank you to Christen for her return. It really helped me out with finishing up a couple of things. Her commitment to the game is commendable.

To the PC's. You guys are the biggest part of the game. I spend more time interacting with you than anyone else so without your awesomeness it would be pretty boring. Props go out to my little sage buddy, his friend with the blue coat and the scar, The Journeyman's Guild and Taki. Him and I had quite a few heated exchanges where there was good tension. Hard to pull that off when a few will voice what they really feel about other characters in game due to fear of being killed. It tends to be done in back rooms.

So...Research. Mixed bag here to be honest. I like the idea of the new way you have intigrated Research so it can be used during the event. I was worried it would make Recall less relevant. That turned out to not be the case. Let it be known that I was super against this idea initially.

On that same note I am obligated to also say that I am disappointed with my results in regards to my Research requests, enough that I feel the need to drop the skill. I was told that like everyone else that my request would come in game. Before game break I was simply told that I could come do the plot it related to. I get two research requests and my second one I also had to go to NPC camp to retrieve the information. I don't expect the answer, just some hints or guidance. I don't think it was too crazy of a request either.

I think I know what the problem is though. Everyone has research, because it is easily purchased by all. Move research further up the line on Sage. Not to advanced but just further up so you gotta buy Read/Write, Utilize resource, Research and then Necropsy in that order. It will limit the amount of requests.

The battle versus the Red Tear in the caves was challenging. I like a good challenging fight. That being said I am aware that there were NPC's who haven't been there in a while helping out that may have forgotten a few things and were shaking off some rust. As a PC it's easy to get frustrated about it but we should not be metagaming in regards to what NPC's are capable of. I know there were some moments where the fighting got crazy. I always assume positive intent and that these were just momentary lapses in judgement but we should keep safety at the forefront of our minds at all times. PC and NPC alike.

I had a great time. I am sad I will not be present for the final event of the year due not seeing the conclusion of everything.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Mandatory white sash following a Starfish call sounds great to me, too. I've called Starfish twice in 13 years of LARPing. Actually others called it for me since I was unable to. I think one time was a mistake as I merely had the wind knocked out of me. The other, however, left me OOG the rest of the day.

Each time mandatory removal from the game (or at least a white sash) for a time would have been prudent - if the situation for some reason didn't all ready do that. Even that time with the wind knocked out of me - sitting back, taking it easy, and being sure there really *isn't* anything more serious would be wise.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Varys
New in Town
New in Town

Feedback

Post by Varys »

This was by far the best event I've been too. That may be because I am beginning to comprehend the rules of the game. The Amulet,Nightmares,Wyvrens,and Pocket Dimensions where all great. One of my favorite plots was when Mark got into the magic circle and had to duel a Void Creature...Soo awesome. I have not stopped talking about this event yet. I just remembered the Shadows in town...They kept shutting the lights at the tavern off lol. I do want to thank the GM's for being flexible with my issues of race phys rep, and to let them know that I am looking into an alternative way to phys rep my Ga'vin. PC's where great, The role play was awesome, and I was really sucked into a world that I believed needed my help. I cannot wait till the next event to see if we put an end to the nightmares and remove the darkness that is spreading over the land.
Thanks for another unforgettable weekend.

Varys
Varys (Healer)
Tommithy (Empath)
Kayla
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Feedback

Post by Kayla »

Varys wrote:One of my favorite plots was when Mark got into the magic circle and had to duel a Void Creature...Soo awesome.
That was my favorite part, too. :P

-"Void Creature"

But yeah, I've been thinking about the event since it ended - I'm still pumped about it. Haha. I'm having a tough decision for the October event, though. Go or catch up with some friends I haven't seen in a while.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Duh...GO...geesh.... what else is a gamer priority...if they arent going too they must NOT be real friends!!!!

:lol: :lol:
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
NPC Christen
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NPC Christen »

I know there are some folks who have some feedback still to share. Come on and get 'er posted, friends! We need to hear it!