The Tipsy Traveler - Feedback Requested

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Lemmy Litgher
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Lemmy Litgher »

I thought that The Tipsy Traveler was awesome. Gave the game a real bar feeling. Prices were a little high in game for food, for me. But out of game prices were good for me. $10 tab kept me in burgers and buying drinks for people all event.

Item prices were a little high for me, but i understand that after the components and time you have to make some sort of profit. An like you said, people can try to haggle.

security, well a little lack of it was on my part, but I was needed elsewhere. Looking to avoid that in future events. :D

All in all, I enjoyed it and felt it added much to that game. Good luck guys!!!
A friend is someone you'd die for.. If you don't feel that way, don't waste my time.
Lemmy Litgher
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Lemmy Litgher »

and hot dogs suck.
A friend is someone you'd die for.. If you don't feel that way, don't waste my time.
Sandra
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Sandra »

Hey guys thanks for the good feedback so far... this was our first attempt and we are hoping to make it better. As for the food selection we were not sure what tpe of cooking area we were going to have until we got there and that is why we did a lot of bake goods and such becasue I could make it a head of time and it would travel well. I am hoping to find a good stew/ soup recipe to try for the next event. Plus hopefully it will not feel like 1oo degrees in the kitchen to. But cplease if you have any special requests please let me know and I will do my best to fill them!!!!
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

One suggestion is bread bowls. I did it for Shifted Lands once (ran thekitchen) in winter, and the hearty/chunky stew and chilli in bread bowl was a huge hit as it was hot, tasty and filling.

Id suggest a meaty stew, a moderately spicey chilli, and thick minestroni / vegetable soup creation as they were the three I used and worked well.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

The biggest issue we are going to run into at the usual camp is space - there is no where near the cold storage space at our usual camp as there was at the Port Huron event - so much of what we bring will need to be something that can last the weekend without being cooled. We probably have enough space for one or two big meals worth of cold storage depending on what it is.

I definelty think we are going to try a stew, and see about healthier alternatives for dried goods, as well as most likely tasty baked goods.

Thanks for all the feedback though, this will help us work out a better menu hopefully and get some solid pricing down.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Dont forget that if you desire pre made salads (cole swaw, potatoe salad, pasta salad) I can get them in 5 to 15 pound boxes (depending on the salad) and I can get pre-made burgers, chicken breasts, pork chops, spiral cut hams and similar meats at near wholesale prices. I would only need the money by Wednesday morning before the event if its more than I can cover until I get to the event. Its through a resteraunt supplier that is the brother inlaw to my best friend, a guy I worked for years ago. If you want it they can likely get it in bulk.

Just a thought.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

September, 2011 feedback

Post by Torakhan »

Hey folks. September 2011 has come and gone.
It was our first time back at the site in 6 months, We were without Barry there, and without Korrigan most of the event.

However, there was some food and services available for those who wanted it.

For those who partook in what was there, how did you think it was?
Was the smaller selections good or bad?
Were the prices (IG/OOG) good?
Were you dissuaded by the price, or thought they were pretty inexpensive, or just right?

Let us know. :)
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
NOBLE
New in Town
New in Town

Post by NOBLE »

Just some quick input... the cost of the food in game....pretty steep. one and a half gold feed me for a month on my upkeep. I also understand that cant be the bar either cause then you will only make coppers. The cost of food out of game... I thought was a good price. It left you enough to cover supplies. For a fundraiser for final haven to be included...How about and auction, a silent one where those that want or can donate will. take a bottle of koolaide and put it in a wine bottle. make up a fancy name and have the gm's give you a tag for it. it doesn't have to do anything but simple stuff you can make some money on.

Locking the Inn. Pain in the rump, totally understand why you do it. People can knock no biggie. and as far as hiring security, excellent idea. They can be the ones to open the door too. I also agrree the hiding some speakers and having period music, celtic is my preference, would really help the setting. when christen set that up in winterhaven it was really nice to have and set a relaxing atmosphere.

All in all I appreciate haveing a placre to sit and relax and have in and out of game enjoyment. thankyou.
"We're not the heroes they need....we're the heroes they deserve;"....LEGION.