september 17 event feedback

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

september 17 event feedback

Post by Ark »

posting this befire the event for two purposes

1 - to be the first to post feedback, last best was 3 in a row, trying to break it.

2 - to see how well i can predict the future

so here we go

prediction 1 - Rhul will make a monkey of himself at the ball

prediction 2 - Serith will at some point blow up something

prediction 3 - a Dwarf will get drunk

prediction 4 - somebody dies

prediction 5 - some unforseen event will mess up the ball....again, agian

prediction 6 - Seer is broken
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

At the moment I am writing this, folks are probably winding down at the ball, enjoying the snacks and the beautiful decorating job.

I won't go into my RL problems (That have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the staff or players) that kept me from fully being involved and lasting the whole weekend. I just hope to have some of them resolved soon so I can enjoy future events.

Mostly I just wanted to say that my enthusiasm for the game itself: the story, the mechanics and the characters, has sometimes been lukewarm, my enthusiasm for the player/staff base in general has remained pretty strong. You are a fabulous group of people of whom I enjoy spending time with a great deal. Thank you for the vast entertainment and pleasantness.

I'm sorry I missed out on Saturday evening. I'm sorry I didn't get around to dealing with a ton of things I wanted to do this weekend that I just didn't fit in. Thanks for the amazing roleplay...every person I roleplayed with this weekend was amazingly exceptional, I was worried about keeping up! I had a GREAT time.

I hope to see you all at the next event.

P.s. - Wendy (my friend I brought who played the guthrie "Lily") said she had a fun time and really liked the players. She said she especially liked all the games, people's characters were really cool, and everyone (ooc) was really friendly and nice. I asked her what game she went to (Just kidding. She did say ya'all were awesome though). She was really impressed with the costuming and phys-reps everyone had put into their characters.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

meh.

I can't really go either way on this event. I felt this event moved very slowly. I'm not sure if that was because there were almost always a line to see any GM/NPC or because we were light on plots because of the ball. Honestly, I was bored a good deal of the time. (Which is weird as I'm playing a character who is supposed to be content staying at the inn and not going out on plots.)

I did enjoy some of the role playing with the other PCs, though being around and talking to most of you feels really awkward for me. Donno why.

I feel kinda bad not participating in the ball more as that should of been something my character felt the need to do and would of really enjoyed.

Overall, a lot of stuff just felt off this event and I can't place my finger on it as to why.

And I know the GMs already know this, but I'll state it just so it's here. The wait times at NPC camp were just horrible... though rather entertaining sometimes out of character.
Arìen
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Arìen »

My favorite part of this event had to be when the fighting started after the dinner. It was awesome, I'm glad everyone joined in. :D

The ball was amazing and the food was exquisite, as usual, so thanks to everyone who was involved with the planning and cooking of the food.

The games were fun; I liked King's Rules the best... plus the thunderstorm made it an epic battle.

Also, fighting giant sized creatures (whether it be moles, squirrels, chickens, etc) was awesome.

Thanks again for another good event.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I'm with her. The fighting after the food was hilarious. Especially up in the eves with brett.

I had a good time, I never felt like there was nothing to do except when I was crafting. That is kind of a bore, and it is hard to be proactive and craft.

Eserelda was amazing, everything from the corination, to the displining of Raina. I love the "not take any crap, help people or gtfo". Her costume was awesome.

The food was the best. they did an amazing job.

things I liked.
Beholders
ghost chickens
slavers
blood ravens
TONS OF VAlkyn'vi plots.
Stark's tenhammer trader.

things I didn't like.
The brecca Zombie plot seemed to fall flat and have no leads.
The long waits.
No tracking pcs. it seems that was off and on.
Travis Cole
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Re: september 17 event feedback

Post by Ark »

Ark wrote:so here we go

prediction 1 - Rhul will make a monkey of himself at the ball

no, one of the few times he is not actually around

prediction 2 - Serith will at some point blow up something

yes, but this one was an easy win

prediction 3 - a Dwarf will get drunk

actually i do not think so, wich is more disapointing than anything else

prediction 4 - somebody dies

yes but they came back

prediction 5 - some unforseen event will mess up the ball....again, agian

no, but im not sad i was wrong about this one

prediction 6 - Seer is broken

well yes but we all knew that
well now that that is out of the way we can get to actual feedback.
for me this was one of the best events i have been to in a while, it was plot light i think but i enjoyed that a bit, it gave me a chance to just talk with alot of people, and the RP and interactions were great. i think the GM's might have had a hard time because of the great amount of small groups trying to all do there own thing, plus the plots, i can see things getting backed up very fast, and i think they did a great job dealing with it as always, love the game, great job.

the fighting contest was a blast and i was very happy i won, all of us were giving Matt (Gin) crap that he went out in the first round. and watching Christan (sunny) flail her way to the final rounds was awsome :lol:

......i love that dagger 8)

the after dinner fighting was awsome, and it was great to see so many people join in.

shout out to alot of the SH peeps, glad to see so many of you could make it, and hope you had as good of time as i did.

now there is SO MUCH more i missed but i think i need to stop before i write a book, but one last thing......witchwood heh heh.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Paen
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Paen »

The Good:
  • The fight where we fought the giant creatures while Chance was trying to steal horses. The teamwork was awesome.
    The roleplaying was good, most notably in Dallid, Legion, Raina, Sunny, Esmerelda, Shea, and Arik. At least, those are the only people I was in contact with that I actually saw roleplaying for the most part.
    The retarded bat with the crippled wing. Jared does the best funny NPCs!
    Vampire DingBats.
    The tournaments! The rewards being actual phys reps was awesome, since some PCs need phys reps and the promise of one if they win was a great incentive to compete and try to win. The drinking contest was very creative, and very cool. The storytelling contest was good too, especially Francesco's story.
    The 4 or 5 PCs that went into hold ground to protect the cookies from being thrown away!
    The little cookies with the green sprinkles.
    The way that there was a personal plot for the naiad, I got to watch it and it was awesome.
    The focus on Valkyn'Vi.
The Bad:
  • Not being included in ANY of the Valkyn'Vi things, even though I am one.
    The lack of action.
    The fact that not all of the tournaments were equal opportunity. The "rich" getting "rich"er is how I see it. As in, only the strong / experienced had a good chance.
    There was a huge demand for GMs or anyone who can run the plots.
    It was cold as hell and there was no heat :(
The Ugly:
  • The PCs tend to overreact and the discipline was very harsh. ESPECIALLY toward the group that went to the fields to get the stone.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

actually i do not think so, wich is more disapointing than anything else

gruff got that one for you!

also.

JERBEAR.
Travis Cole
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

[quote="Paen"]

The Bad:

The fact that not all of the tournaments were equal opportunity. The "rich" getting "rich"er is how I see it. As in, only the strong / experienced had a good chance.

quote]

How were the tournaments not equal opportunity? There were not any in game skills allowed in any of the contests, so the experienced players had NO advantage over anyone who was new.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Paen
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Paen »

Those who were already experienced at artificial swordplay and weapon-use have an advantage over those who are new to it. It was the drinking contest and the storytelling contest that were balanced the most. Drinking contest was based on luck and the storytelling contest was based on... storytelling. :D
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Okay Ark may not have wanted write a novel, but I am fully prepared to although I might be able to get all I have to say into a novella. :lol:

First of all, I have a huge list of THANK YOUs to send out! First and foremost to Fionna, without whom I could not pull off have the awesomeness of the meal plan/ feast/ and ball! Three cheers for you and I am so thankful to have such a willing partner in my craziness to put this on every year.

Thank you to Shea and Travis for the loaning of equipment to facilitate the cooking. A Big thank you to Francesco for all the prepwork before the event, from purchasing prizes to the games to helping me plan the games, to rolling silverware to assisting with making the invitations. You rock! A big call out to the Spring Haven crew who were my willing serving staff at the feast! It helped tremendously not to have to serve up all the food that I'd spent the day making. And to Atreus and Aeric for the amusing potato cutting war. :D

Thank you to everyone who helped clean up this morning, from washing dishes to carrying things out to the car. And a call out to Mike, Troy and Jess for helping unpack the loaded car when I got there Friday night.

Okay, now that the thanks are done- onto the actual event feedback...

This was such an intense event for Esmerelda! And there were so many moments that made it awseome, forgive me if I miss some of them. But hre goes trying to name some of the major highlights... RPing with Chance and Sunny rocked, Sylvani represent!!! There were a number of great moments with the two of you, thanks for always managing to put a smile on my face. Jared you rocked as Aaron. The original Unlce Creepy! After our exchange outside the mining village, I can't wait to see where the relationship goes. Francesco the etiquette lesson was hilarious. Thanks for trying to refrom your crass queen. Although now that Chance and Sunny are around, good luck with that!

Paer' En I loved all our interactions and all the reports on what was going on. Thank you for keeping me in the loop. I felt like I knew what was going on even though I didn't really make it out of the keep very much with everything that was going on. And ordering you to have fun at the ball was hilarious. (grumble, grumble, grumble)

Dallid, thank you for being the centering force. Especially when I was a basket of nerves before the coronation started. And for watching my back as I made that looooooooong trip down the stairs. (Or did it only seem that way to me? I swear, I was more nervous at the coronation then when I walked down the aisle for my wedding!)

Thank you to Rayna for the opportunity for Esmereda to decide where she was going to draw the line.

There was great role playing at the games during the day, congrats to all the winners again! I'm a little disappointed that more people didn't participate in the Scavenger Hunt, although Sunny's interpretations of the items were priceless! If you missed that game, you really missed out. And there was more great roleplaying at the ball/ party afterwards. I found it interesting that the number of people there kind of ebbed and flowed, which I didn't know if I liked when there was almost no one present, but in retrospect I think was a cool dynamic.

And of course I saved my favorite RPing for the end. Atreus had exquisite timing. The end of the song, the finishing of the dance and suddenly Atreus is down on one knee! I almost started crying it was so romantic! I felt like I should be in a movie. :oops:

Overall a good event, and for me all because of the PCs. Thank you all!
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
CharlesK
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by CharlesK »

Paen wrote:
The Ugly:
  • The PCs tend to overreact and the discipline was very harsh. ESPECIALLY toward the group that went to the fields to get the stone.
I disagree; I believe the punishment I received was more than fair. As for the other two involved... well I really don't care that much.

Now for the thanks:
First of all, thank you to Mike, Karen, Jared, Dan, Marek, Amanda, and any other NPCs I may have forgotten for keeping us all very busy this weekend. Even during the ball, it was still possible to find trouble and I appreciated that.

As always, thanks to Esmerelda (and her helpers) for putting forth such an effort into the festivities, and also thanks for banishing me from Finalhaven (I was looking for a reason to go home :D )!

The good:
All the food.
New faces.
Dallid.
The games, the feast, and the ball.

The bad:
That stupid sword.
A poisonous cigar.
Too many people just hanging out at NPC camp with no apparent purpose.
Some things I did :twisted:

The ugly:
Not enough witch hunters.
Too many sage hints at once results in massive headache.
Fuzzy ears (just kidding Heidi)
Paer'an's new eyes.
noshii
New in Town
New in Town

Post by noshii »

I’m ignoring Paen's whole statement, you need to be talked to in person.
The Event.
I had a blast, it was perfect, just enough fighting, fun, drama, games, and characters. I was excited to begin with, bringing the new Spring Haven people for the first time. That worked out, kinda.

The Amazing:

•The food…always comes first. Big thanks to everyone involved in creating it.

•Really creative contests, loved the drinking contest, the story telling, the archery(even though I need practice) and the scavenger hunt.

•The King’s rules tournament, was most entertaining and interesting. I share REN’s thoughts, the thunder and rain added so much intensity. Happy for Ark’s victory, he got his dagger. But he better stop scaring people with it in the middle of the night or ill beat him!

•Recess at the insane asylum. That was probably one of the best times I’ve had at FH. Proves that everyone here is a little kid inside. JUST LIKE ME!!! Epic

•HE’S ASIAN! I had to do it once more

•Dancing at the Ball, which was fantastic

•I second Paen, the hold ground to the save the cookies had me rolling.

•Sunny, she was the most entertaining character there, enough said.

The Gloomy:

•I didn’t get to fight as much as I would have liked. The plots I went on ended up being pure knowledge pools.

•Some character conflict, clothing and role-playing mischief I hope it didn’t ruin anyone’s event

•OUR SPRING HAVEN BANNERS GOT SOAKED

Thank you everyone for a GREAT event. NCP’s and PC’s alike. I miss you all. Until next we meet.
Last edited by noshii on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paen
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Paen »

Esmerelda wrote: A big call out to the Spring Haven crew who were my willing serving staff at the feast!
Whaaaaatttt?! I was helping the queen that whole time? :O
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Paen wrote:
Esmerelda wrote: A big call out to the Spring Haven crew who were my willing serving staff at the feast!
Whaaaaatttt?! I was helping the queen that whole time? :O
Yup. Who else would be hiring people to serve at the feast? :wink:

And shame on you for not knowing the queen by sight. :P
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,