one day feedback

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

one day feedback

Post by Ark »

starting this before i leave so i can start the 4th feedback in a row :D

however, i think so far its really nice weather
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

It was super-fun. I only wish I'd have not passed out so early and missed a lot of the games at night. I will never hear the end of missing out on Talisman. :(

Thanks everyone for a super time!
Samantha
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Samantha »

I just want to say a big thank-you once again to our brave dish-doers. It was really encouraging to hear someone ask about making a financial donation to the cause, but generously contributing in the form of clean-up afterward. Absolutely fantastic showing of group spirit.

The food was fantastic; I don't get to eat to such whole and homemade foods that often, so thanks again to everyone who sliced, diced, cooked, and baked. Getting things ready ahead of time made for MUCH less kitchen traffic.

So, yay for everyone of you!
"It ain't no mystery,
if it's politics or history.
The thing you gotta know is,
Everything is showbiz!"
Goonter
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Goonter »

First of all, I want to say that I cannot think of a single moment for the duration of the event, except for when all of us were eating, that lacked any kind of fighting action. Great job to the GMs for keeping the plot going and all the NPCs that played random monsters just to give fighting players something to do.

And now I want to give kudos to all the players that I fought against, or at least tried to, as an NPC during the event:

First of all, Ark, you can run really fast. I was tired as hell after chasing you through the woods in the snow. Nice job.

Travis, the constant barrage of ones got me almost every time.

Atreus, damn your shield!

Scott, Kiel, James, Dan, and Shaun, you guys are all really good fighters. Brey is a bit out of practice, but now that his knee is fixed he can get back into practice.

Marie and Samyrah, nice aim. You both managed to drop quite a few monsters.

I saw Trusk and Malachi holding off an entire crew of NPCs towards the end and, although they both fell, they put up a hell of a fight.

I saw many new characters and look forward to getting to know all of you. This event was everything it should have been; it really feels as though we have turned the page to a new chapter in Finalhaven, and for that I am glad.
The Wanderer
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

had a great time talking with everyone again, some things that happened.

-letting a lost little troll bite me, and have nothing bad happen from it (truly amazed at that actually) then saveing said little troll from an Orc trying to eat its heart.

sitting on the other side of glass doors, that block sound really well, and watching Trusk and Malachi defend to the death, wanted to help, but the urge to survive and not let monsters into a room full of healers over powered me :P

lesson to everyone, NEVER touch plot items unless you HAVE too, bad things happen MOST of the time.

overall a really fun event, i liked the layout of the building, the battles were fun, so was running away from big monsters, Great job to all, hope to see you all again soon

-Ark
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Wow. Been home for a few hours now and still a little in shock and awe at what happend yesterday. TOTALLY NOT what I was expecting going into the event. I figured we'd fight a few monsters, play nice with the elves and if we were lucky have a treaty that wouldn't throw us into war again for at least a year.

Tangent 'cause I should have started with this but a big, big, big, thank you to everyone who brought awesome food for the potluck! Everything was very yummy. And thanks to everyone who helped to pitch in and clean up as well. It was much appreciated!

Okay, back to the actual event. I loved the mixed elf couple that Sam and Jared played- they were very cool and I hope they'll be reoccuring characters. The guthries were amusing as ever. And Karen's survivor with the puzzle was interesting to talk to. And here was silly me thinking, "wow a non plot related puzzle, how cool that they just put it in for effect..." Didn't bother solving it but I got suckered in later when trying to figure out how to get it all back together again. *Sigh* Neat twist on the effect that whatever happened to her affected everyone who had touched it as well. Made for fun roleplaying out all the different things that were done as well as giving instructions between being knocked out. lol

The political discussions between attacks were interesting as well. Although Esmerelda wants to throttle Korrigan for his proposal she understood his motivation as well as her duty to the role she had to play. Although it did lead to one of my favorite lines of the event "I may be Queen but I'll still be cooking your breakfast in the morning..." :D And killing the Strong Man was a nice touch as well. It helped bring at least some closure with one of the big baddies of the past. One mroe down and just one more to go...

I was really impressed by all the new players we had. I saw some great rping by them and I was impressed that many of them dove in head first and jumped right into the action. So welcome to you all and I hope to see you all again at future events!

An awesome event. And it certainly sets up an interesting tone for the start of the season.

Long live the Kingdom of Haven!
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

I'll feedback soon, but here's some pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29484865@N ... 200958798/
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

I don't mean to be a poo head here, but Matt, it's spelled "Rhul."

Okay, maybe I do mean to be a poo head.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

I had already changed it. And yes.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

The One day was Amazing. It had lots of plot, and combat and puzzles crammed into 10-12 hours ever. Even though there was an NPC shortage, there was near constant combat plot of awesome, different monsters all day. PLus the elf king was nice.

The NPCs worked extra hard with no breaks. Hats off.

I think i like the way the game feels. The event ended on a feeling of hope and change(to steal from others.) and the promise of a better tomorrow. With Roderick and the elves and esmerlda it felt like good was being rewarded like the clouds parting and the sun coming out.

The food was amzing, and I'm glad i didn't have any soup to bring home.
Travis Cole
Altearez
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Altearez »

I'll start with naming the two things that were most wonderfully fantasticly amazing awesome great better than anything else in the world, our NPC's and our peeps in the kitchen, food was orgasmic as always, thanks for all those who posses the wonderful ability of coking. NPC, nate wonderful job thinking on your feet making up stats and interesting monsters who do interesting things, that was great especially for a character like me that fights so much.

two favorite scenes.

scene 1- 4 PC's fighting monster, big bad scary monster does lash fear, all pc's around RESIST FEAR, lol made my day.

scene 2- Atreus and the Gavin fighting outside and I ran outside just in time to catch Atreus pressing him into the king following up with tap, tap, tap, and than Atreus "I can't believe I just knocked over my Lord." hehe gotta Laugh.

FAVORITE THING ABOUT THE ENTIRE EVENT-next to no real PC conflict, yes there were proper debates, but no real major disagreements, we all worked together as a group, It felt like the lines of each little faction were fading, and this most of all is what was so inspirational.

THANK YOU to all. had a great time

PS. quote of the day "HA HA, YOUR 5 CRUSH ONLY DID 1!!"-Spike, gotta love em.
ImageImageImage
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

I had a great time. There was about as much stuff as can be crammed into a one-day, and I loved it. (Raging amongst the mosters in the afternoon that were throwing crush (I think they were trolls) as Rhul is always fun, though it always seems to destroy my voice by the end of the event.

It was also fun getting into playing Rhul as more of the traditional Druid I want him to be seen as. I had a great time taking blows from the giant plant after dark, the whole time repeatedly trying to tell it to "go back to your slumbers- you've been called out before the spring".

It was also great throwing Karen a RP curve ball when I told her I wanted to take a cutting of the same central plant "brain" after Trusk and I killed it, because Rhul didn't think it should be completely destroyed. (I'm definitely thinking of some kind of animatronic phy-rep for the plant to add to my growing menagerie of "things mundane and/or semi-alarming").

Anyone I was able to roleplay with, thanks!
Drake Silentfoot
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Drake Silentfoot »

Had a fun event for my first one day. Lots of stuff to do, i was just too tired to be motivated to do it, that and im trying to role play my characters background but it just kinda comes out as procrastination or lethargy. I was very proud of myself for figuring out that first puzzle without laying a single finger on it, woot.

Funniest part of the event for me:
Malus: "Hey whats up, were like related to each other and stuff, you know pointy ears and all?"
Heidi?: "blahhhhh"
Malus: "What, cant talk or something?"
Heidi: "Blahhhh"
Malus: Holds his hand on top of his head "Are you still playing your elf npc?"
Heidi: "No, im playing a troll."
Malus: "Damn, im an idiot."

I almost had her in tears she was laughing so hard, it was great.

Props to all who brought food, it was rediculously good, i was still full the next day.

BTW, last day on earth was amazing, i took so much pleasure in destroying Caseys zombie hoard :P.
"Well they said that either i cud be a town guard or dey wud cut my head off. Well DUH, of course i picked town guard!"
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Makes me glad we brought the game then. Glad you enjoyed it. :D
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Hey I dropped that gas, i get helper cred! hahahaha
Travis Cole