Druid Changes

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Druid Changes

Post by Kalphoenix »

Interesting, although I think having access to all those end talents might be a bit overpowered, in my opinion. Time will tell. Maybe I am jumping to conclusions (as a druid, I never chose my end-talent and hardly used my "normal" talents) and they just SEEM overpowered because of what I had before. However, I am going to assume that the 30 minutes is interrupt-able (by combat and the like) and the druid can NOT be moving while they are "communing," since it is a numbered skill, which balances it out somewhat and makes it more reasonable.

I just think it would be silly for a druid to go into a cave with one skill and then, during combat, swap over to another (Well, I was communing since we walked in here!).

I'm also glad to see savage get the 1st level Scout ability, finally though.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

It is an interuptable count
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Then it's pretty cool, imoho :)
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Looking it over, I'm kinda surprised that Root moved down to make room for Resist Poison. I'm glad to see the resist, but the thought of using root since it's a useable secondary discipline skill is kinda scary.

Root + Fear + Vorpal by one character just got easier. And crushing (from the fear) Vorpal while unable to move = death.

As well, Root + 2 Crush got way easier too.

Would you consider swapping Root and Resist Poison please?
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

I don't see root for 5 seconds as being all that powerful. If it were root for 10 seconds I'd agree, and if it were switched it should be made more powerful.

Resist poison is a pretty heafty skill too. Though Fear is lvl 3 and it's resist is 2nd...
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

I thought root is 10 sec's, when did it drop to 5 sec's??
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

I just checked, it takes 10 secs to break free from a root. So I have to agree with eric, the single player PC killer is much easier now. And why is resist posion at 3rd, it is not that powerful of a resist. To use posion is a level 3 skill, should not the resist posion be a level 2 ability? Fear is a level 3 ability, the resist is a level 2 ability.
Pugo Redfang
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Pugo Redfang »

Sorry I posted in the wrong spot on this subject. But once again I am gone to state my Voice like it or not. I do NOT like the changes to Druids.
Talk about killing one of the only classes that was not totally depended on other to make it. An was useful, now you made them a fight subclass. what a waste of a useful class.
Last edited by Pugo Redfang on Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Huh... could have sworn Roi used to throw 5 sec roots at practice when he played Ravinal... Never checked till now.

Yeah, I could see flip flopping those two now.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Pugo,
What is it that the Druid lost? The movement restriction power can be gotten. It's more flexable, in that you can change it. Is there an ability you wanted on the list thats not there?
Travis Cole
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I will throw Druid back to GM discussion to determine if we should swap the 2nd and 3rd levels I am not opposed to it. As for the changes to druid, what is it you do not like shane? It really didnt change. The only change was the no movement restriction. That just bumped to the 4th level skill cluster.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Just noticed that the Resist Poison only resists the "poison" portion of a call...

Shouldn't Resist Poison work like resist sleep, magic, fear, and parry in that they resist the whole call? I understand that the dwarf boon is nerfed as it's a racial ability but the skill shouldn't be.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

Overall I like the changes to Druid.. I think they were a long time coming. Although I am also in th opinion that Resist Poison and Root should probably be swapped.. Since the ability to Poison a weapon is a 3rd level ability , making the resist a 2nd level would keep it in line with the rest of the resists.. and also that would keep Root pretty much Druid only, not make it easy for anyone to pick up.

As for resist poison, I too believe it should fall in line with all the rest of the resist's that if what you are resisiting is in the call you resist all the call.. I like that because that way when people go crazy with a long call such as "9 magic, poison critical strike" if they can resist poison or magic, then they resist the whole call.. I think that this way people wil be less likely to add a bunch of add ons to their calls, keeping combat simpler.

my 2 cents worth.
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Since you brought it up in your example, I will comment. You never have to say Critical Strike.
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

That is good to know, I think I asked that question before about having to call Critical Strike, but maybe I just thought I did.. Thanks. makes that call even easier now.. hehe.
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!