October 2018 Feedback

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

ollie
Town Member
Town Member

October 2018 Feedback

Post by ollie »

Here's the thread for the October 2018 event. If you don't feel comfortable posting, please PM Zydana (Angie).

Let's hear it.
Ta'Ruk (DECEASED)
Mikklen (DECEASED)
Vilwin bin Yusef el Selah
Hitakari Tomayoshi
GarkTheEmpath
New in Town
New in Town

Re: October 2018 Feedback

Post by GarkTheEmpath »

Overall had fun. Interacted with the Viking games a little, though due to having to leave early I wasn't able to participate as much as I might have.

Appreciated the early zombies and such having little bits of loot - very clear you guys were listening to feedback from last event.

Was happy to have a successful run at foraging as well, thank you to Scott? and (Malek-phys rep) for assisting!

Spent more time than I intended hanging out in the tavern. In part, I enjoy games, and was taught 2 ... no, 3 new ones this event, so Ben was happy there. But I meant to spend more time out and about, and I guess what that leads to is getting better at ... some kind of LARPing soft skill that lets you jump into whatever is happening without checking if its meant to be limited, or etc. Friday night - I was clearly aware that an adventure that ran was intended to be limited in size. Rather than add myself and my 2 buddies and run over the suggested number, I put another new player forward. That didn't end up running right away, and when it did eventually run it became a virtually-full-town thing. I still tried to respect what was, in my mind, the plan for the people organizing it, but kind of sad I missed the fun.

And seemingly just missed connecting with most everything that happened on Saturday - but, given how early I left, I don't quite now what DID happen. But even there ... I was in the tavern, heard a call that the Temple was in trouble and Rusty was going ... and I could have jumped up and ran out. But I was involved in a table game and chose not to. So again ... choices, and I think I made the wrong one in that instance.
DeeDee
New in Town
New in Town

Post by DeeDee »

I confess I was disappointed by this event. I dont know if i was just permanently in the wrong place at the wrong time but nothing seemed to be going on plot wise. The Viking games were fun but they seemed to be the focus of the whole event. By the the time a plot actually started it was well past midnight and i was too cold and tired to participate. I was involved with two minor plots on Saturday and after that nothing. Something may have happened after I went to bed but I would have appreciated an actual overarching plot for the weekend. So yeah, disappointed. I came for a LARP not for an event centered around carnival games. Also on a side note, the thieves game was fun but I heard a lot of people complaining about the fact that it was legal to shove the scarves anywhere you wanted as long as part of it was showing ( example: up your sleeves) perhaps next year having a player only being allowed to have the scarf looped around their belt would be better.
DeeDee
New in Town
New in Town

Post by DeeDee »

Also forgot to add a thing: despite as a seer requesting my visions early on in the event and being told I’d get them. I never got them. May have been partially my fault for not following up but still disappointed.