Gen Con 2011

Let the sane of mind not trod here!

Moderator: Admin

Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Gen Con 2011

Post by Torakhan »

Heading off to Gen Con Indy on Wednesday morning (if not earlier.)

I know that there are a couple of us going. Do we want to try to arrange a meal (Lunch or Dinner) some night? Or a time when we all meet at one of the LARP product exhibitors and pick out cool things?

For those of you unaware Gen Con ( http://www.gencon.com/2011/indy/ ) is a 4-day gaming convention in Indianapolis, Indiana. In its 45th year, there could be 30,000 or more unique attendees. Hundreds of vendors, thousands of events, games, seminars, contests, screenings, and more. 4-Day pass (on site) is $78, 1-day is $48 (thurs-sat), or $28 on sunday. (you need a pass to do more than wander the halls, such as register for events, or even enter the Exhibit Hall, where the vendors are.) If you are driving down, arrive early as parking can be difficult to find for less than $20/day, if available at all.

So if you want to try swinging that new Latex sword you've been eyeing online, or commission an artist to draw your character, or try out a new game you've been thinking about but didn't want to buy the books for, or even just hang around a few thousand folks who want to tell you about their characters just as badly as you want to tell others, then come on down!
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

I'll be there
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage