Moderator: Admin

General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

New Skill
Explosives
1 – use grenade , lay mines
2 – use grenade launcher, Explosive bow and arrow.
3 – Use RPG – Short range (Nerf guns)
4 – Use RPG to counter certain global air attacks and RPG’s can destroy barriers and vechiles (Armor percing RPG)

How to destroy armor vehicles
1. C-4 explosive & armor piercing RPG
2. 1 hit disables the vehicle - Can be repaired and enemy disable vehicles can be salvaged. Can still use the vehicle for cover, but no system work.
3. 2 hit destroys a vehicle. Noting to salvage. Can not use for cover.
4. Note: normal RPG’s grenades, mines, etc still cause damage to those inside the vehicle. You minus the armor rating from the explosive damage and that is how much damage the people inside take.
5. Unarmored vehicles are destroyed with 1 explosive of any type. They only provide partial protection
6. Protections
a. Partial –if you are hit, you take damage when behind the barrier
b. Full – You take no damage if you are hit by a BB when behind the barrier. (Aka, you are in a tank!)
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Sounds like we’re mainly on the same page, but if there aren’t any high-cap clips on the market for non-SAWs that don’t involve winding, we don’t need a high-cap skill.

Armor’s all ready set up like that – you buy one point at a time. Purchases are made on the computer – no NPC involvement. That means replacing your gun, armor, and expended grenades is easy, multiple people can do it at once (on multiple terminals) and NPCs remain entirely uninvolved. A printer will print out the tags on 3x5 cards (or smaller, if a printer can be found that works with smaller, card-sized paper).
Players make their purchase, the cost is deducted automatically from their account, and the cards are printed, complete with item name, details, character name, and whatever other info we deem a card should have.

Nice thoughts on vehicles, and there should be a grenade launcher skill. However, I don’t want to tie it to other skills like that. A player shouldn’t have to purchase the grenade launcher skill when he doesn’t have a grenade launcher just to get to the RPG skill.

Bad news on the site I had in mind for the game. Prices are doubling next year. Currently it’d cost $300 a weekend to rent out the places we’d need. Could charge $30 and break even with 10 paying players. Next year it’ll be $600. Even if the break-even point is set at 15 paying players, that’s $45 a head. Will probably hold the cost at $30-$35, though, and pray for a large turn-out.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

What other sites have you looked into? There are some airsoft area's around the state we might be able to rent out. I hven't looked into it yet.

I'm figuring we want the following at the site
1. Power
2. Cabins with heat and sleeping beds
3. running water would be great!
4. allows us to use standard BB's

We might have to start this at a loss and than recoup our losses. I have been talking this system up and there are many non larps interested. And we even haven't tapped into the airsoft fields yet. I think we can get the people if we design the system correctly.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Grenades are more on the limited amount set (requiring actual laminated cards which are turned in after use in a scene). They shouldn't be everyone has a dozen. Weapons, sure, but I see no point in having cards for these as the physrep is way better at tracking this. For example:

I'm new, enter the game with my weapon tag(s). I get to talking, set them down and someone steals them out from under my nose. I now have no weapon(s) because I forgot some tag but physically had my weapon? Tags should only be used for non-dime a dozen items

Just assume that base camp has an effectively infinite supply of basic weaponry and ammo. Lose your gun during a mission, and you'll need to adjust, but once you return, just grab one off the racks. One of the perks of being in the merc organization.

Armor is also a once used item just like grenades. That said, repairing _anything_ has no real purpose (even in real life) other than to reduce the cost of having a useable thing again. Repair skills and better deals with vendors are the same thing: cost reduction to buy items. Basically, anyone can find a broken thing. Repair skills may let you buy the item cheaper but has a time cost as well.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Eric,

I just don't want deal with PC's having to buy new armor from the NPC's after every battle, that's just all. Or we can say the PC's can stock pile armor and just turn in the tags once it is used. Same thing come to think about it. But you must be carrying an armor physrep per extra suit to be able to change it out during battle.

And that being said, the same can be said for weapons. No repair, but replacement once at HQ. Simple!

We can do the same for a riot shield. If an explosive hit's it, it is destroyed and must be replaced. Riot shields do not protect against explosions.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Armor/clothing cannot be swapped during combat. This could cause a safety issue. (ie some armors may require being pulled over the head which cannot be done safely during combat).

And yes, all items must be physreped. Remember, many items are off site type deals so your "item" is really just a slip of paper with a "go-code" on it and using the item is a radio call to the person you bought it from. (thus why items are laminated tags).

Also, yeah, a shield does crap to save you from a grenade.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Intel Skills
Here are some skill ideas on how PC’s can get information

1. Some mission’s will have hidden rewards. By using this skill a person can find out what the hidden reward will be. Make it so the person must have the correct status percentage to be able to look at the reward. It will cost some money to use this skill.
2. Monster lore – a person knows the weakness of some monsters. Before a battle a person with monster lore will be told the weakness of one monster/enemy they will be facing.
3. Battle Commander – Before the battle the commander gets a quick layout and number of enemy troops from the NPC’s.
4. Scouting – Before a battle a person with this skill can ask 1 yes/no question of the NPC about the current battle/plot. The more people who scout the more questions the PC group gets to ask.
5. Intel – Spend some money and you can find out some information about an enemy or mission. Type of information gathered – troop strength, global effects, reserves, layout of buildings, names, vehicles, etc.. maybe this can be a leveled skill where the higher levels get you more detailed information. But there is also a cost for each level. The more information, the more it will cost.
6. Area knowledge – can ask NPC’s what they know about certain area’s and what factions might be in the area.
7. Linguistics – can speak different languages and can ask NPC’s questions. Maybe a 1 shot skill or a leveled skill where at level 4 you can speak any language.

Monster Ideas
I have been thinking of some monster ideas
1. Zombie – only take damage from head hits (shoot the brain)! Can even have certain limbs stop working after so many hits! Melee weapons. Some could have bombs on them to! Moves slowly. 1 head life

2. Robots/mech – Have balloons attached to NPC body. Must pop the balloons to destroy the robot. Explosives have no effect on them. Balloons might be tied to certain location/equipment. When the balloon is destroyed, that part stops working.

3. Mutated Dog (Skag) – Has a high soak 10 Life 5 luck. Moves fast. Melee attacker
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Grenades are more on the limited amount set (requiring actual laminated cards which are turned in after use in a scene). They shouldn't be everyone has a dozen. Weapons, sure, but I see no point in having cards for these as the physrep is way better at tracking this.
Good point. Though we may want to keep cards simply as a ‘proof of purchase’. Goes back to that discussion on players needing cards just to see what they have. Players can substitute cards for phys-reps when they go out on the field.
Just assume that base camp has an effectively infinite supply of basic weaponry and ammo. Lose your gun during a mission, and you'll need to adjust, but once you return, just grab one off the racks. One of the perks of being in the merc organization.
Agreed, but all those weapons and their ammo had to be purchased. Supply won’t be a problem, but characters still have to pay money. Might still want to charge for ammo, too, but on like a 1000 round basis, rather than by clip. Just a question of how detailed to get. More realistic, but also more effort and management to account for your gear.
1. Some mission’s will have hidden rewards. By using this skill a person can find out what the hidden reward will be. Make it so the person must have the correct status percentage to be able to look at the reward. It will cost some money to use this skill.
That’s a cool skill. Some missions could have hidden side quests that this skill can uncover. For instance, a mission could be to rescue a kidnapped VIP. This skill could discover where the lead kidnapper is, along with the fact he carries a bounty.

Nice monster ideas!
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

I can see your point about having the PC's buying weapons and ammo, but is it worth all the extra work for the NPC's? The way I see it, you will have to put more money into the game for PC's to buy there lost weapons and more ammo. I believe we can come up with plently for the PC's to buy with out adding the guns and ammo to mix. All of it 1 shot items that have to be replenished. There will be very few perment items. If it can be worked out, there will be no perment items.

As for the tags, Eric and I would like to have PC's turn there tags in at the end of battles for all the items they used. A check balance system. It gives the illusion the NPC's are keeping track of stuff and makes cheaters second guess on cheating. And it is a way for use to keep tabs on gross breaks/cheating.

I have no patence when it comes to cheating. I want to let the players know it will not be tolerated and you only get a warning or two, than you are gone. Basicly, you can not do anything unless there is a rule or skill that allows you to do so. If there is a question if you can do something, you can't until clarified. The game is about having fun, not winning.
The only thing that will be soft is the number of hits people take. It will be fudged and I expect that.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

I was thinking we can create 2 medical skills. Here are some ideas that can be used to create the skills.

Medic Skills
Level 1: Status (Requires Brains 1)
Can touch a person and determine their health status. Ie, The life points they are at, poisoned, rad, unconious, dead (and for how long), etc…

Level 2: First Aid (Requires Brains 2, 1 Bandage)
Spend 1 minute to stop a person from bleeding to death. Must wrap the Bandage around the person wounds. Person is stable to move, but is still at -3. Person is considered to be stabilized. Any additional damage to the wounded person will start them bleeding to death again. Person stops bleeding to death when first aid is being administered. If first aid is stopped before the 1 minute, the wounded person continues there bleed to death count.

Level 3: Triage (Requires Brains 3, 1 Surgery Kit)
Spend 2 minutes to heal a stabilized soldier who is in negative life to zero life.

Level 2 Fix limb (Requires 2 brains, 1 bandage)
Spend 30 sec’s to heal a non functional limb

Good as New – Spend 30 sec’s to heal a person from zero to 1 life. (If at medical facility can heal a person to full life in 5 minutes) I was thinking there can be an armor medical vehicle that acts a medical facility so folks can be healed to full in the field. But it would be very expensive and only 1 person can be healed at a time.

Administer – Double the time for an enhancer, but also doubles the negatives up to a max of 1 event.

Lift and Cary – Can carry wounded off of the field very quickly. Aka – can run with a wounded person. But can’t use a weapon while doing this.

Level 4 skill
Emergency – Can administer first aid and triage up to 4 people at the same time.

Level 4: Miracle Worker ((Requires Brains 4, 1 Plasma)
If the medic can get to a dead person with in 5 minutes of their death they can bring them back. It takes 1 minutes to use this skill and the person is brought back at -3 and is bleeding to death.

Slow disease, poison, rad – Slows the effects of disease, poison, rad. Doubles the time when damage is taken. Takes a minute to use on a person.

Awaken – Can awaken an unconscious person. Will no work on a person who is at -2 or lower life.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Gave ammo purchasing more thought, and came up with a problem with real-life purchased ammo vs. game purchased ammo. Say a player comes to the game with 10,000 rounds in a single container. He purchases 6000 rounds in-game. Trying to separate and track RL ammo vs. game ammo would be ridiculous. Ammo will be free, but guns must still be bought.

Good medic ideas here. Let’s combine Status with First Aid. If you know enough to judge just how bad off a person is, you probably know enough to do something about it, if on a small scale.

Take ‘Good as New’, rename to ‘Certified Surgeon’ with some medic skill prereqs, and say “while at a medical facility, may reduce the healing time of a patient from 15 minutes per lost Health to 5 minutes per lost Health.” Now even the beefiest guy can be restored from -2 in 35 minutes.

‘Emergency’ could affect ‘Certified Surgeon’, as well.

‘Slow Disease, Poison, Rad’ should probably be a ‘Slow Metabolism’ drug.

And maybe just add the ‘Awaken’ ability to the Adrenalin Shot.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Doug,

What are you trying to achieve with the PC's needing to buy weapons? Realism? I'm trying to understand your point of view on buying weapons and what it brings to the game.

Hey, any idea on how posion, disease, radation would work?
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Rules updated - rules for poison and radiation are in there. Nothing for disease, yet.

Yes, weapon purchasing is for realism. A cost-of-business thing. Taking more risks is likely to cost you more Health and weapons. The after-mission penalty for lost health is time, and lost weapons is money.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Got an idea on how to better handle computer transactions and tag handling. When a player buys items, the computer deducts money from the character’s account and saves a list of purchased items to the characters file. Player than goes to NPC Camp to collect the tags. NPCs bring up the character file, look at the purchase list, assemble the tags, give them to the PC, and clear the file list.

When the player sells items, the computer saves a list of the items on the characters file. When the player goes to NPC Camp to turn in the tags, the NPCs check the tags against the character file sell list. If everything’s okay, the NPCs press ‘CONFIRM’ , which clears the list and credits the character’s account with the value of the sold items. If there’s a problem, NPCs can delete items from the list or press ‘DENY’, which clears the list without crediting the account.

Keeps things simple for the NPCs and makes cheating far more difficult to accomplish.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

I see. It's not a bad idea and is very realistic. But I personaly do not want to be dealing with people replacing guns. The filter I'm using for rules and mechanics is how much benifit X rule gives to the game vrs the amount of work it will require on the NPC and PC side. I don't want to get bouged down taking care of small paper work items. I want to play and have fun. I know how stressful it is to run an event (and so do you) and I want to limit the BS that comes with that. The less paper work and book keeping will make folks happier.

I see replacement of gun falling into this category. The cost of business is the people on the field can't use there weapon when it is hit. Which is very harsh and can easly lead to their death. Isn't that enough a payment? If you desire an after mission cost for weapons, than lets come up with something that does not involve paper work and tags. That is where the repair idea came in, or can say you have to turn in X$ to get a new gun. A flat rate which can be placed into the bucket. No NPC required and done on PC honor system. 50% of the people will follow this rule and the other 50% will not. It punish's the people playing the rules and it is impossible for NPC's to enforce. So I'm not a big fan of this concpet and would like to say guns are free, period. Simple and more fun for the PC's and NPC's.

Yes, some realism will be scarficed for simplicy and enjoyment of the game. My feeling is if you want full realism, play a sim. If you want to have airsoft battles with a fun larp element, play this game. I see the target audience the people who play boarderlands and modern warfare 2.

Here is another idea. With the intel skill of being able to listen into the NPC walkie talkie channel, we can introduce some plots via walkie talkie's. And to add some realism we can have propergana speaches and such go over the walkie talkie's. It could be run for all!