Memorial Thread for Kelly

Let the sane of mind not trod here!

Moderator: Admin

Samantha
Town Member
Town Member

Memorial Thread for Kelly

Post by Samantha »

We're going to work on a more formal digital memorial set up in the future, but for the moment, (and with the blessing of my superiors), we thought it might be an idea to set up a memorial thread for Kelly. Post your thoughts, your memories, any pictures you may have, or anything you just might want to talk about or share. Many of our newer players may never have had the pleasure of knowing or playing with Kelly, as she was truely one of the originators of the game as we know it, in all of its varied forms. She was "old school" in every sense of the term.

It is a sad milestone for anyone who has been involved in this game for so many years. Even in the relatively short time I have played, we have been blessed enough to see our friends and chosen family joined in union, or rallied for them when things fell apart. We have seen our beloved friends begin new families and welcome new life, or come and go on their own life journeys. Now the cycle has turned to the point where we are forced to say goodbye to one of our own.

Aaron, Lilly, and Corbyn will have a difficult road ahead of them, but we can rally again and be there for them in whatever capacity they may require. Part of their childrens' legacy will be the memories that people may have to treasure and share of their mother, so if you care to take the time, please feel free to do so.

She was a beautiful, beautiful girl and we will surely miss her. Godspeed, my darling girl. May the memory of your smile always shed a little light when times get dark.
"It ain't no mystery,
if it's politics or history.
The thing you gotta know is,
Everything is showbiz!"
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Her and Mellissa sucking the inside of a giant pickle and leaving the skins in tact hanging out in the lobby of Barnes Hall. I was at a party where they had pickles just 2 weeks ago and was talking about this.

She learned to play the drums for a skit in college. She practiced alot. The song was "I cant get no satisfaction" I wish I could describe for you all that go into this memory as I think of it often. It was a good day. There was much happiness that day.

Her Mustang. I got a ticket in it once as I was driving around and showing off to I think BilliJo. It was funny because the cop asked me how fast I was going and I said 65 an he said wow I thought it was 40. :)

I remember her helping me out when I wanted to treat BilliJo to a little vacation at the Comfort inn.

G Club, if you dont know I cant tell you.

D&D

Her consistent ability to get strait A's even thought she worked on those 50 page papers the night before.

Her and Mellissa decided it would be fun to dress me up like a girl.

Her moc wedding at CARPS to Aaron.

Her real wedding to Aaron, WOW she was organized!

The sorrow of the death of her unborn son.

Her friendship, love and support during my divorce to BilliJo.

I go to play a game of starcraft..I think she beat me. I was really looking forward to playing SC2 with Aaron and Killy as I knew they would get this game.

Her friendship, love and support toward me and my wife Renae.

Her love for her children that she so deeply wanted for so long.

Her feistiness, stuborness, smartness, awesomeness, and love

I am deeply saddened that I did not get more time. You always think you have more time, especially for me, as I always pray for more time, since I am in Iowa and I don't get to see people as often as I would like. It is times like this, that you should remember that if you have the opportunity to see people, and to love people, then take that opportunity and not wait.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Samantha
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Samantha »

I last saw Kelly and Aaron (and they managed to drag along Vince!) at the one day back in January. Until then, the last time I'd seen Kelly was at the HIghland Games in Alma back in 05. Jim and Jenny and LeeLee and her Jim and Amy and Bill were there and it was just so good to see everybody.

I remember talking to her at the one day and asking about her kids; couldn't believe how fast the time had gone. She and Aaron and Vince were in and out playing monsters, running absolutely amuck in the snow outside. She'd come in, face flushed, out of breath,and positively covered in snow, but always smiling.

Often I remarked how many of our west siders and even some of our younger players really never had the chance to know the rank of seniority some of our elder players held! But it never mattered and it all came down to the fun of the game, regardless of how long you'd been playing.

She was a bright face and always a breath of fresh air. I didn't know her that well and probably saw Aaron more often in the long run, but I'm still very saddened by her sudden loss.

Bless your heart, dear Kelly.
"It ain't no mystery,
if it's politics or history.
The thing you gotta know is,
Everything is showbiz!"
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malphus »

I haven't seen Kelly in years. It is an unfortunate truth of the drift that occurs as lives progress. Some of the best times of my younger life, the days at MSU were spent with her, both individually and with Aaron. Of course my bond to Aaron is much deeper, but there were times when Kelly and I were closer. I remember sharing some great times and irreplaceable memories.

The things I will carry with me: of course her bright spirit. She was always aglow. Even in anger, she had a pixie quality.

Her insight into the human condition. In this time of sorrow and in irony as I search for the right words, I think...Kelly would know what to say.

And one of her largest accomplishments...domesticating Aaron. All jokes aside, I know she is the center of the family, and I pray strength to Aaron and the kids.