Let the sane of mind not trod here!

Moderator: Admin

Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

My Thanks

Post by Kalphoenix »

Avoid this, if you aren't into mushiness and all that. :D

I just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone for the fun, albeit sometimes crazy folks whom I am privileged to work and play with in the Final Haven and Winterhaven games. It's funny to say "work," but even playing, even with it being a form of entertainment, I think most people can agree it can be quite taxing emotionally and physically.

While I'd like to believe I don't care what people think and how they judge me, because I like and respect many of the people that make up this game, I have decided that, to a degree, I do care, and I do stress about being looked at differently a bit, because our society has so many misunderstandings and stigmas, and also because I feel I am socially clumsy. And to add to that, I am quite frequently a blunt person. Because subtlety is often lost on me, I rarely utilize it in my day-to-day life, and sometimes I think I appear to speak harshly when I am only trying to make sure I have made my point clear.

For me (and this is not LARP or community related), this year has been, in some ways, the best and worst I have ever had. I won't go into the details, but I'm been fortunate to experience situations that have both tested and reassured me for the rest of my life, and left me a better, happier person. I'm going to slip up once in awhile, but I feel like I'm right where I need to be to find out what I want and to do it. I think, at some point, I'm going to have to leave some things behind, at least for a little while, and I know not everything is going to be waiting for me when I get back. But that's ok, because I know I will always keep the important things with me.

I also hope I will never leave the Havenites completely behind. I don't think I could, even if I tried. I'm not saying I'm going anywhere, I just wanted to express my appreciation. Love you guys.

"Just One Person" From Jim Henson's Memorial Service - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwPQyxz5Rfw
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

We social lepers must stick together and form our own society from where we can laugh at the Star Wars geeks. Powa, Sista!
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

but doug...you are the Star Wars geek....

And Heidi, you know Im always gonna need to see some form of the fire chicken....(c:
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"