books

Let the sane of mind not trod here!

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

books

Post by GM-Mike »

I decided that in my current life, with my family, my job, and of course Final Haven, I don't have the time to pursue agents and publishers for the novels I have written. I did find the time, however, for anyone who is interested, to put them up on Lulu.

I've written two books, the first, The Unseen, is a mystery/suspense novel, and the second, The Staff of God, is a humorous adventure. Both gets high praise from my mother. Actually, the Staff of God was professionally reviewed by Kirkus Discoveries and was fairly favorable, enough so that I could quote them anyway without being embarrassed.

There is a long, complicated and ultimately boring reason why one (in print) has to cost more than the other, which I can share if anyone is interested, but they can both be downloaded for $5. If you do read the book, and like the book, please rate it, as I feel this is probably the only way to get noticed on this system.

You can find them both, as well as your current FH rulebook at:

stores.lulu.com/mikenicholson
Jaycen Blackhawk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Jaycen Blackhawk »

I've been writing a book for about ten years now and keep getting sidetracked and slowed down by indecsion and doubts.

What's you secret?
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

Soldier
Mercenary
The Last Hawk
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

It's really all about momentum. Once you lose it, it's really hard to get it back so you kind of have to push through. And then turn off the internal editor and just go with it. You may have to do some editing later but at least you're pushing the story forward, keeping the momentum. My feeling is that if you stay true to your characters that you have developed, then they will take your story where it needs to go, so the better you know them, the easier it will be to write the book.
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

I've always wanted to write a book. Spent all my drive on other things though.
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

O.K so last night I downloaded The Staff of God at about 7:00 PM and read the entire thing by 2:00 AM. I couldn't stop because I felt like I was on an adventure with the characters. Some of my favorite parts of the book are the interactions between Dalton and Harold. I just truly enjoyed reading this book and polystupagon is about to become a part of my regular vocabulary. This book was plain old awesome. Thanks for writing it Mike.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Thanks, I appreciate that.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Hey now go out and get other people to read it!

Lets do some self propmoting and make Mike famous or infamous or what ever that word is.

Thank goodness one brother can write. :)
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

You guys could always abuse your powers as GM's and offer resorces and coin to people who read the book and review it favorably... :wink:
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

and event discounts for those who download/buy the book. I think you're onto something here.