Looking at the World...

Let the sane of mind not trod here!

Moderator: Admin

Sheogorath
Town Member
Town Member

Looking at the World...

Post by Sheogorath »

I have completely lost faith in Humanity...
I am me, except for when I am not, then I'm not me, I'm him. Then again when I am not me, who is me?
Zaire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zaire »

The trick is not to put faith into Humanity. Humanity is filled with weaknesses, I mean that's what makes us human.

What you need to do is put your faith in individuals, because only on the individual level can you truly connect with someone in such a way as to make it all worth while.

If each of us touches the life of just one person a week, think of how much better the world will become.

Peace
To avoid the confusion you may call me....

Stark
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Werd to the muzza AND the fazzah!

Humanity, like societies is only as good as it's least member.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

Yeah, I gave up on People a long time ago....but a person is still worthy to me, if they arent d-bags
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

I feel that way a lot lately, but unfortunately Optimus Prime still lives in my head. Every time I wanna say 'fuck em all' he won't let me. :cry:
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Sheogorath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sheogorath »

To quote a good quote, "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

That has been my way of thinking for a while, but I have come to realize that there are people out there who are not smart, only problem is they know how to talk so people listen to them, thus causing more persons to be not smart.
Onimaster wrote:I feel that way a lot lately, but unfortunately Optimus Prime still lives in my head. Every time I wanna say 'fuck em all' he won't let me. :cry:
And I thought I was crazy...

I only have one voice in my head, too bad I don't know who it is...
I am me, except for when I am not, then I'm not me, I'm him. Then again when I am not me, who is me?
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

That is why I put my faith in God. God has not dissapointed me. People have, and will alot. I will say that my faith has helped me not get bent out of shape when they dissapoint. I mean it isn't like I haven't dissapointed people constantly so why get angry at others.

I do have the great opportunity to live in a great community where people go out of their way to help one another. Everyone is always pulling together even for those they do not know. It is pretty cool!

Good times...
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

I don't want to get involved in a discussion on faith specifics or anything, but I feel the same way, Sheo. A lot. That's why it doesn't surprise me that when I was in the same funk, I came here and found this.

But then again, I prefer not to put my faith in humanity to begin with. But there are times I want to believe that there is nothing wrong with humanity that cannot be healed by everything that is right with humanity. That we can heal ourselves and each other just by being there.

I don't know if this is bull or whatever, but it always makes my heart a little lighter, I like the idea: Free Hugs Campaign

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

Whenever you feel at your worst, just remember that there is always at least one person out there who feels the same way. We're afraid to feel, to share our feelings and to let go of all the badness and anger. We're afraid to open our hearts and make ourselves vulnerable. We're all together, alone. Don't be. Reach out. Someone will reach back.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Optimus Prime approves of free hugs for everyone.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Kalphoenix wrote: I don't know if this is bull or whatever, but it always makes my heart a little lighter, I like the idea: Free Hugs Campaign

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
Reguarding hugs..

I used to work at a movie theater here in town. I worked there for quite a long time. with over 30 or so employees working at one time it more or less became a second family of friends. I would, on a regular basis be hugging 2 to 3 people every shift. Not a hug goodbye, but maybe as a casual hello and glad you're here with us today. A thank you perhaps, for being part of my life - good or bad.

It happened one day, showing me how powerful this simple act was. A co-worker mentioned how she noticed I gave many different people a hug, but for some reason she was concerned because I never hugged her. I appoligized, and made it a point to hug her every day and it opened my eyes to maybe make it a point to also hug the less 'popular' people in this family. The people that do their job, have a life they are trying to live just as the rest of us, but are somehow left out of the fun - they need the hugs more than anyone.

Time went on, I had moved to a more adult job, and my share of life troubles has had is toll on me. I don't hug anyone anymore except my daughter and the obligitoy goodbye hug for distant relitives. In that time I've also struggled with major depression off and on.

Often I wonder if there is a connection between the two..