36%
No way, Firefly sucks
No votes

Total votes: 22
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

on ebay you can get them realistic and HELLA cheap.
Travis Cole
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

though more appropriate for an SG-1 Larp, can I bring this just to hose down Nelkie? :)

http://www.trinityairsoft.com/p-338-tok ... t-gun.aspx

This would work too.

http://www.trinityairsoft.com/p-693-cla ... t-gun.aspx
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

You can cheaper versions of the P-90 for around $50
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

What, no sniper rifles that fire 400+ fps and are quite!

Yeah, keeping the gun's under 250 FPS or even at 200 FPS would be the safe thing to do especialy if you are talking building to building combat. You can get very inexpensive guns that shoot at or under 200 FPS at local stores. Meijers, gander mountain, Wal-Mart, etc... Any where their is a hunting section. The guns start getting more costly if you go above 200 FPS.

Arn't Airsoft guns cool 8)
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

The cheaper P-90s run at about 200-250 FPS. I really like this one though: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/a ... odID=11961 It shoots at 400 FPS, all metal construction, holds 300 rounds, and is a steal at $1,888.00.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

The cheap ones are typically made of plastic which cracks and breaks when abused (and it would be). The more expensive ones have higher fire rates, shoot harder, and are usually metal. Basically, you get what you pay for. Plus, you can always tune down a better gun, but you can't tune up nearly as easily. (damn Pirahna paintball gun...)

And the one you posted is the same one I did (Tokyo Marui). :) Just someone added all the extra grips and sights to it (plus the 440fps upgrade).
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

I am SO in! Put myself in for NPCing, but will happily PC, of course.

For fairness and to favor cheaper weapons, may want to state the weapons must all be pump action.

(Though semi-auto and full-auto could be considered +1 and +2 quality weapons, respectively. 8) )
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

The one other thing you need to watch is the wieght of the ammo being fired. Heavier ammo will fire slower but hit with more force and be (slightly) less affected by wind and such. Some places will actually list the FPS based on weight, but many don't so you have to guess that it's the lightest ammo.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I think most AEGs and AEPs use .20 rounds while most spring guns use .12 . I think capping the FPS at 250 based on the lightest ammo the gun has stats for should be ok.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

If you have $4000 and want to go Ping Ming

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/a ... odID=22396
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

That is impressive.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

that's just shiny.
Travis Cole
Zaire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zaire »

WayneO42 wrote:Combat will not be the central theme of the game. The rules are set up to be a semi-live combat/ Theater style LARP. Believe it or not, in most parts of the world LARP doesnt mean "Bashing stuff".

Nerf guns are not an option. They would, in my opinion, make the game even LESS realistic by slowing the pace of combat down to the speed of foam. In addition, they are not very accurate so I am guessing that one in about 25 shots at a person 20 feet away would be on target.

I had thought about airsoft guns. The cheap ones could be painted well and look pretty cool. They are fast, fairly accurate, and pretty cheap. The problem is safty glasses. Maybe we need to come up with some sort of mechanic to have "Safe" zones where gun combat is solved with the theater style combat system in the UK rules and "Live" zones where combat is resolved with airsoft.
"Rock/Paper/Scissors" Larps are for people who like to dress in all black and pretend how much their "humanity" is at risk for their outward condition. (Just say No to vampire.)

I guess I'm a bit of a "genre freak". If I'm playing a game with a wild west feel, I think shooting someone is better than yelling "Bang".

But than again I don't like Disarm "skills", Fast Draw "skills", Run Fast "skills" and the myriad of other skills like those that seem to pop up in LARPS.

Alot of people forget the LA part of LARP. It means LIVE ACTION. Not make believe action.

A skinny kid will always outrun my old, fat ass. If I want to catch him I need to outsmart him. Also I'm not about to pass myself off as a 5'2" Asian woman in a LARP either (i've seen a fat red headed man claim to be such in a LARP.)

To paraphrase the 60's:

Keep it Believable.
To avoid the confusion you may call me....

Stark
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I could really go on with the "LA in LARP means Live Action" statement but for the sake of my sanity I will drop it. This thread isnt about that anyways. I believe we have decided on Airsoft in "Live" areas and the THEATER STYLE resolution system for "Safe" areas.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

I voted for helping to Organize and Run.

I've been rolling something like this around in my head a while for things like Shadowrun and Star Wars.

I also have a friend who owns a paintball/airsoft feild who said he might be down with letting us come out and use his field in Gun Lake for cheap/free.
. And he's a Firefly geek too.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage