sued by Square Enix...

Let the sane of mind not trod here!

Moderator: Admin

dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

sued by Square Enix...

Post by dier_cire »

So this music company was sued by square enix for imitating FF7 Advent Children. I wonder why...

video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugwcKnN7nek

It's well done, I'll give it that.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Wow! Very well done indeed.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Sheogorath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sheogorath »

You think people would pay Square or at least ask before doing this kind of thing...
I am me, except for when I am not, then I'm not me, I'm him. Then again when I am not me, who is me?
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

I'm very anti-square simply because I hate them.

My senior year in marching band our show was "FF VII". We had the music, drill, visuals, everything, learned. A week after the start of classes, square recinded the rights. F Square.
GLOMP!
gingerswenson
New in Town
New in Town

Post by gingerswenson »

NewGuy wrote:I'm very anti-square simply because I hate them.

My senior year in marching band our show was "FF VII". We had the music, drill, visuals, everything, learned. A week after the start of classes, square recinded the rights. F Square.

What? I work in the sheet music industry and I have never heard of after they sell the music "recalling" or "recinded" the rights. Most likely what had happened is your teacher arranged the music without permission. And after the fact tried to get the rights. And was declined the rights to do so. (usually a monetary issue.) It costs a ton to re-arrange music.
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

Our assistant director did/does the arranging every year. They had bought the rights (With Square Enix knowing he would be arranging it) and recinded later because they felt too many people had be given permission to the intellectual property at the present time.
GLOMP!