Post by cole45 »

abaddon got
ArchMage Uther Penteller
Travis Cole
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

I actually like the last name Penteller. It either brings up the image of a wizard drafting a note through a magical pen. Or Pen and Teller all in one.
Knight of the Frozen Way, Sir Andian Eannon
"Law is mind without reason."
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
marduk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by marduk »

I was reading the rulebook (bored) and saw a few things that set them apart from other LARPS (namely Ours).

There is a bit, I can't open it from work otherwise I would c/p it. DARKON allows grappling "within reason".!!!

WTF does that mean? yikes!
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

HAHA. have you seen the doc? Becasue their within reason is some hardcore WWE bodyslams....I loved it, mostly cause my biggest love of LARPing is the ability to beat someones ass and not get in trouble, being able to actually recreate desperate battles for survival would be awesome, but there damage system looked a bit wonky to me, I think they went alot by "Kings Rules" if Im coining the term right.

Brett
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
marduk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by marduk »

Their damage system takes into account where you get hit and what kind of damage you take. Pretty cumbersome. I thought NERO was bad. sheesh
Sheogorath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sheogorath »

I also didn't really notice any like GM or real NPCs I wonder if this was a player driven command and conquer type of larp.

Also the dark elves had their own language which was awesome, but I wonder if they actually knew what they were saying or only did it for the documentary?

Because to learn a new language to be able to play a race...wow that is talent...
I am me, except for when I am not, then I'm not me, I'm him. Then again when I am not me, who is me?
marduk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by marduk »

and we bitch about wearing horns.....
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

LOL and how! I dunno it seemed like the whole dark elf dialect was just for show, if you listen close a couple of the words that were said had the same english subtitles, but werent the same in dark elven....but either way, damn cool thing to make up a language and stick too it...

It also might not of been made up, i know i use an elven to english translator alot for my tabletop games so it could be they just took the next step
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

I know NERO requires you to learn a new language ingame and OOG if you character is going to speak it, so Yeah, it could be real.
GLOMP!
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

marduk wrote:I was reading the rulebook (bored) and saw a few things that set them apart from other LARPS (namely Ours).

There is a bit, I can't open it from work otherwise I would c/p it. DARKON allows grappling "within reason".!!!

WTF does that mean? yikes!
I don't really see a problem with grappling within reason, body slams are abit much but those latex weapons are WAY more dangerous than light grappling.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~