Question for the GMs

Let the sane of mind not trod here!

Moderator: Admin

dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Question for the GMs

Post by dier_cire »

If someone were going to write video game based on the FH system, would the GMs feel the need to havfe say in how the rules were changed?
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I think I would like input, yes

And if it made money I would talk about profit sharing :)
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

...and if it lost money would you toss in cash?!?!
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

to further the questions.

And if the answer was yes and you didn't agree with a change?

Also, still assuming yes, what portion of game design would you feel you would be qualifed to help on?

If said game were produced to a demo/full game and were attempted to be sold to a publishing company, would you feel that the company should allow you any input at that point?
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

It is a very complex question.

I would not mind having input how much or how little I do not even know.

Forexample, if I were going to make a vid game then I would most likely remove the current class based system and go with something more akin to dungeon seige.

Basically, as a character uses a skill they get better. As they get better they can move their way through the skill tree. I would add though that as you stopped using a skill you would slowly get worse to some minimum value. This way you can always change and alter your character in a multitude of ways, but could still not be everything all at the same time.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Badger
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Badger »

There seem to be a lot of hypotheticals involved in this. So many so that I am quite intrigued. As to the comment on the game design aspect, the GM staff created the current FH rules why are we not qualified to do the inital design of a video game?
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

no one said you weren't. I just asked what portion you'd feel you'd be qualified for.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

GM_Chris wrote:
Forexample, if I were going to make a vid game then I would most likely remove the current class based system and go with something more akin to dungeon seige.

Basically, as a character uses a skill they get better. As they get better they can move their way through the skill tree. I would add though that as you stopped using a skill you would slowly get worse to some minimum value. This way you can always change and alter your character in a multitude of ways, but could still not be everything all at the same time.
That sounds alot like the system I came up with when the Universal Larp System was being bandied about. Except it was more a wheel and skills on the opposite side of the wheel would cost more and they would cost less as they got to "your" side of the wheel.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!