Please help me!

Let the sane of mind not trod here!

Moderator: Admin

Ravinal
Town Member
Town Member

Please help me!

Post by Ravinal »

I'm not use to asking for help. I actually hate doing it. I feel I should be the one helping those who are down on their luck. Yet I find that I've been trying to get a job in that area for the past 11 months. I've tried for hours everyday in any sort of job I felt I could possibly do and I'm either not qualified or the job is taken quickly by someone already working for the company in a different position.

I've done this before; asking for help with finding a job. I am in the extremes of dire need of a job in Grand Rapids. I'd take jobs that are close to Grand Rapids, as well. I've tried soo many places it's starting to become funny. If anyone has any leads on a full time job. I'd take just about any job I could get, that's legal, in the Grand Rapids area. A third shift job would be amazingly great, if possible.
deceased
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Wish I could help, but if I hear of anything I will let you know.

HAve you looed into fed jobs in Michigan? I know they have money when the rest of the State does not
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Roi, Are you an IT guy?
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Ravinal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ravinal »

Yes, I am in I.T.. Yet, I've not found many jobs for which I qualify. My computer service tech certification helps as much as a A+ cert. Though as far as I've heard from most other techs, one really needs a network+, security+, mcms, and/or cisco certification in order to get any type of response from most I.T. positions. It makes me feel as though the time I spent on the certification is not time and money well spent. The last tech job I tried for was IBM. They were interested in me for a month and then they moved on.
deceased
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malphus »

If you are looking to stay in the same feild, you may be screwed. I don't know a lot about IT, but it seems like a lot of people are either getting out or just getting out of Michigan. If you are truly looking for "any job", as long as its legal...let me pose you this question...

Have you looked into the Healthcare field? I am personally biased, but I know there are several non-liscenced hospital jobs that pay very well. Not everyone is capable of working with sick people, but there is an idea. It's what I did when my chips were down.

Steve

EDIT: And I checked out the area, you have two exceptional health centers in GR, they are DeVos Children's and Spectrum.
Ravinal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ravinal »

I've tried Spectrum. Everything from tech jobs to event facilitator to janitor, I'd gotten no response. Though when I said I needed a job and am willing to do just about any job, I ment it. I'll work 20 hours a day if need be just to see my son once a day, rather than once a week if I'm lucky.

Edit: I literally mean this. If it takes me 20 hours a day with no break of grueling, back-breaking work; I'll do it. I want to provide for my family, yet the area hasn't been very welcoming in the job area as of yet.
deceased
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malphus »

having you already tried that....I'm stumped
gingerswenson
New in Town
New in Town

Post by gingerswenson »

With Grand Rapids declining economy jobs are harder and harder to come by. My suggestion is move out of Michigan.
Ravinal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ravinal »

I just got a duplex in G.R.. I just signed the contract last week. I think I'm screwed.

Edit: I should say me and my girlfriend signed it. I'd been planning for months to buy her a ring. Yet, with the baby and the new place; I can't keep myself over negetive money with this part time job I can't get rid off an hours drive away from the place I'm paying for.
deceased
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

I just got a job....and I have an hour commute...it's going to cost me $9 a day to drive there and back....but it beats not working at all

I've found IT job/customer service in my area (Detroit area) had an interview for a helpdesk position in Ann Arbor last week...I could give you the number of my recruiter if you're interested
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
Ravinal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ravinal »

Any help I could get would be great. I don't mind a commute as much as just not having enough money, if I had to put things in order of need.
deceased
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

just sent you info....good luck :)

they were looking for people to start Oct 15th...I have a feeling that they're still looking though
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.