Let the sane of mind not trod here!

Moderator: Admin

dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

WAHOO!!!

Post by dier_cire »

Today was awesome!

Went to MIS (michigan speedway) with a friend who ended up with an open spot for "Ride Shotgun with the Pros" as the original guy she was taking got stuck working. The day was great, got to ride in an IROC car (450hp Dodge Avenger), a modded Esperante, and (ugh) a semi stock Mustang. Got to go on the oval, the road course and some drifting. Very cool day, got Rick Mears to sign my gloves and got a ton of free stuff!

To top it all off, there was a competition for a 5 day trip to Florida for a $6000 (per person) racing school. You (each team of two) had to think of a license plate idea for the IROC car. We worked harder than most and both being gear heads used "L8 APEX" and WON! The trip is hers and it hasn't been decided who's going with her, but I don't know many people that win stuff like that. btw, late apexing (the plate) is the idea of going to the inside of a corner late thus creating a less curved second half of a turn, thereby increasing lap speed. The people that voted actually checked with Rick Mears (4 time indy 500 winner) to verify we were right and he agreed. Very cool.

so Wahoo!!!
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

Friggin' sweet. Sounds like you had an incredible time, and I hope you get to go on the trip. Even though she technically won, I'm sure it was a team effort.

I can't say I'm much of a gearhead, though my Grand Turismo days grant me enough knowledge to know what "L8 APEX" means. Congrats on a cool idea and a great day!
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

We were probably the only ones that sat down and brainstormed out ideas. We had probably 30 or so to choose from by the time the competition rolled around. Afterwards, I basically reminded her that it was her ticket to give away. I wouldn't be upset if I didn't go as I haven't lost anything. (though, yeah, it would be friggin awesome)
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

When I was in my teens my mom used to work in the paint department at GM and we used to get tix to all the MIS events and the first couple of Detroit Grand Prix's. I have 2 hats somewhere with the pin from every PPG race those two years and one is signed by Johnny Rutherford, Rick Mears, and Scott Pruett. The other is only signed by Rick Mears, he was my favorite driver at that time and I got to ride the oval at MIS with Rutherford driving an Oldsmobile convertible pace car, Pruett driving a concept Renault pace car, and Mears in the 25th anniversary Pontiac Trans Am GTA Turbo. The most amazing thing about it is that the GTA only needed decals and rubber to be a 160mph pace car, the reason I still want to own one.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

I had a red matchbox once that I used to rool across the floor real fast. It used to jump pillows and books and all sorts of neat stuff. I like red. the human head ways 8 pounds......
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

Wyrmwrath, if this was anything but the "Random Junk" forum, I'd be really worried right now.

Well, not really worried... more like envious. The crazy always seem so happy and free...
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.