Lord of the Rings Online

Let the sane of mind not trod here!

Moderator: Admin

Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Lord of the Rings Online

Post by Kalphoenix »

Just to let you know, for interested parties, open beta (Free) for Lord of the Rings Online starts on April 4th if you don't pre-order and March 30th if you do pre-order. Pre-ordering nets you the software on a cd if you pre-order in an actual game-store rather than digitally (Much faster than downloading), the above-mentioned early access, a couple special in-game goodies, special pricing (9.99 monthly or $199 lifetime) and the ability to keep your characters from open beta (Level capped at 15 until April 24th launch).

http://forums.lotro.com/ for more details...

I've been testing it on and off since August. It's not half bad. They are under pretty strict licensing to stay as true to the lore as possible and have pulled it off with flying colors. One of the interesting highlights, since there isn't a way to do a traditional PvP system is Monster Play, where you take control of a monster to do battle again the free-peoples of middle earth. The classes are interesting and largely in different niches than in traditional games. Since your life is referred to as Morale, Minstrels are the healing class, Hunters, rather than being a pet class are slowers and nukers, Burglers are stealthers, but can also start combination attacks in groups, Lore-Masters have pets but are more of a status-inflicting class. That's the most I can recall off the top of my head, but there are a few more classes. It looks to be casual friendly and rewards exploration with lots of earned titles and side-quests.

Get ahold of me if you would like any more details about the game, I'll see if I can answer them for you. I will be rolling on the Landroval server.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Free?? Hmm maybe I will try it out.

OH NO THE TEMPTATION IS GREAT!
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them