Books to Movies

Let the sane of mind not trod here!

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

It's going to be Lost creator JJ Arbrams who is rumored to be helming this project. It sounds like they are deciding between Paramount or Waner Bros. The former would bring it to cinemas, the latter to tv. It's probably a ways off before we even learn that much for certain.
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

They always screw up King book to movies (Which is sad, because I found out he does a lot of the screenplay adaption himself). They screw up the Dark Tower and I will be really sad. I would personally rather see it as a TV series. It would go over a lot better that way, cover more ground.

And I guess I'll have to look up Bridge to Terebithia, but from the previews, it looks like 2 kids saving a real fantasy world instead of two kids forming a friendship over starting an imaginary fantasy world. Maybe it's just embellished, because it was a short book. I don't have a big problem with embellishment.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

I'm kind of a big King fan. I started reading his books when I was nine and they really got my brain going, for better or for worse. He has this blunt honesty, attention to detail and side thoughts that I really appreciate. I highly recommend his "On Writing" book. It's part-memoirs, part take-on-writing and is a highly amusing and introspective read. He finished it after his accident.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.