No (Don't like them)
25%

Total votes: 8
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Podcasts and Netcasts Listeners?

Post by Lambic »

I was wondering how many of you guys regularly download and listen to podcast/netcasts?

If you don't know what a podcast/netcast is:

Code: Select all

A podcast is a multimedia file distributed over the Internet using syndication feeds, for playback on mobile devices and personal computers. The term as originally coined by Ben Hammersley in an article in the Guardian on February 12, 2004 [1], was meant as a portmanteau of "broadcasting" and "iPod".

The term podcast, like 'radio', can mean both the content and the method of delivery. The host or author of a podcast is often called a podcaster. Though podcasters' web sites may also offer direct download or streaming of their content, a podcast is distinguished from other digital audio formats by its ability to be downloaded automatically using software capable of reading feeds like RSS or Atom.
[/url]

In other words its audio that your computer will atuomatically download everytime there is a new "show," and is often listened to on iPods or other mp3 players.

Also would you be interested in a serial style fantasy fiction based type audio show?
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Bump
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

One last try before I let it die

Post by Lambic »

The idea here is a serialized fantasy, fiction audio that you could download and listen too (automatically downloaded if you wished).

It would come out on some regular schedule (monthly, bi-monthly, weekly...) and take place in Phantera. It might or might not directly relate to the things going on at Final Haven or Winter Haven. I am just trying to judge interest before getting toooo excited (might be too late).

So any feedback, positive or negative would be great.

EDIT* THANKS to all of those who have already voted! I would just like to see if I can get a few more votes.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I think it sounds good.
Travis Cole
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Answers...

Post by Torakhan »

I can't really answer the poll with the options...

I don't listen to podcasts because I'm on dial-up at home, and downloading anything more than a 100k picture is torment. When I'm at work with my high-speed internet, I can't focus on anything besides my work for more than a few minutes at a time.

However.. I MIGHT suggest that if you could get one or two of the artist folks, maybe something illustrated, like a web comic (released weekly, like vgcats) might be fun to try too? I'm supposed to have done a comic for someone but fell through with it years ago, so I don't think I could be of much help, unless it's to ink it or something...
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer