Let the sane of mind not trod here!

Moderator: Admin

Doctor Erasmus
Town Member
Town Member

Thank God Almighty!! VENOM in Spiderman 3

Post by Doctor Erasmus »

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23949

Well folks, at Comic-con there was a Spiderman 3 presentation and the rumors can now be put to rest. Venom is in! Raimi actually likes this Venom and calls himself a fan! And most of all... Venom doesn't suck!!!

They apparently went with the McFarlane version of Venom and fully developed Eddie Brock as the "other side of the coin" of Peter Parker. Sweet fancy Moses I'm all giddy like a lil' gurl!!! :D
"A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

SWEET BEJESUS!

It also seems that they are gearing towards a non cosmic source of the symbiote....i wonder if they are gonna use some of the aspects from Ultimate Spiderman...

That would be cool in my book...i liked that whole idea of peter and eddie being buddies, and their dads working together...interesting....

Well thanks Blondie as always for making me want to spend more and more time and money on the internet looking for scraps of Spidey gems...

(c:
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Doctor Erasmus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Doctor Erasmus »

You're quite welcome! :wink:

My theory however is that they won't go so much with the ultimate spider-man Venom as revamping the motivations and background of the original Eddie Brock. Everything I've been reading makes Eddie out to be the "anti Peter Parker". Peter catching breaks when Eddie gets shit on, Peter making his career at the Bugle while Eddies goes to hell. Even appearance wise, the actors look very similar while on that panel. And the big thing for me, Eddie being at the church not to apologize for the suicide he is about to attempt... but to ask God to kill Parker. This change could have major character ramifications.

The other interesting thing is what it seems they may be doing with Sandman. As opposed to him being a cut rate thug, he appears to actually have some depth to him. I'm very curious about the picture of him shielding the child behind him.

Oh yes, I can't wait for this flick!! :D
"A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

That sucks. I dislike the McFarlain version of Venom. Though I see they say the LATER version McFarlain did that is closer to what I expect, so maybe it will be better than my first impulse.

I much rather the hulking snaggle toothed green drool beast to black spider man suit with a big goofy grin and slightly bigger muscles. Mark Bagley drew the best Venom in the Lethal Protector series. That #1 cover was what got me into comics, period.

Well, remember that they introduced John Jamison last movie... Maybe he will go up into space and find 'something' a-la the Spider man animated series.

I have to say so far everything I have seen has been 100% the Exact movie I want to see and have wanted to see since Spider man first hit the screen. Once I see Venom I am sure it will also be okay, but till then I am apprehensive. I am willing to forgive a lot, but Venom was my first Favorite character and I have a lot of emotion there.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage