Good costume and stuff resources

Let the sane of mind not trod here!

Moderator: Admin

Samantha
Town Member
Town Member

Good costume and stuff resources

Post by Samantha »

Hi, gang. I know most of you at least in a passive sense, and even though I am located far over the rainbow at the moment, I'm still keeping everyone in mind.

That being said, I work with a woman who does Buckskinner type rendevous with her family and friends. It's a bit like a cross between larping and a RenFest, only time period of 17-1800's. We chit chat about costumes and all kinds of things, but she lent me two of her catalogs and I thought I would at least share the website URLs so you guys can check it out at your leisure.

www.pantherprimitives.com
This is primarily for tents and other semi-large construction camp materials, but there is just a ton of great almost-any-period gear including some costuming (again, mostly Revolutionary to Civil War period, but open to interpretation), camp goods, dishes and cookwear, etc. I think you have to download the online catalog or send in $2.00 for a hardcopy. The prices are very, very reasonable (when you think what you'd pay at a festival or some place similar).

www.jas-townsend.com
Smaller catalog, but more costuming than Panther Primtives, and again, I don't think you can beat the prices with a stick. Looks like really high quality period goods. I'm told the website has other more special goodies than that hard copy catalog does.

Again, this is primarily for the 17-1800's recreation crowd, but there is a ton of stuff that any of you might find use for.

Just thought I'd share. Happy browsing!

Cheers,
Sam
crig
Town Member
Town Member

Post by crig »