Need some help from an Artist

Let the sane of mind not trod here!

Moderator: Admin

GM_Chris
GM

Need some help from an Artist

Post by GM_Chris »

Ok so I have a year to finally get a cool dwarf costum together. I have decided on chain mail overtop some sort of sprt pads to bulk my sholders.

Now over the chain I wanted to tool my own leather armor. I am not sure if I want a whole breast plate or what. I need some ideas and scetches from some artists for ideas.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Pugo Redfang
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Pugo Redfang »

I can get you some celtic know work that you can trace on and tool out if you liek. i have a few book with that kind of design in them.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

that be cool. My problem is I cannot picture the whole suite. With the other two pieces I made I could picture it, but I want to take this one to the next level and I cannot picture how it will look over my chain.

I can see the bracers since I will make something similar to Gimli. My helm will be a traditional viking helmet (no mask) add in non tradition horns but kinda twist one downward and saw them off at diffet lenghts.

I need to figure out the breast plate and shoulders which will help give shape and coolness
Chris
Brago
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Brago »

I made a breast plate by water-forming the leather over a store display manikin torso that my wife got for me on ebay. It came out pretty good and had some nice shape to it. I haven't LARP'd in it yet though since I only have 4 total hours of LARP experience!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Oh I have created armor before. Just trying to figure out a design. I am thinking I will go with a football pad type design with a large belt almosy like a kidney belt.

Chain underneath that.

I might purchase the gorge because I want one with high ridges if that makes sence.

Basically I think I have my idea now I need to figure out exactly how I want to tool the thing and how to make the shoulders. I am thinking something similiar to shoulder pads, but we will see.
Chris