Let the sane of mind not trod here!

Moderator: Admin

Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Banned from Existence

Post by Amagus »

(Author Unknown)

I sit here writing this thesis from the confines of a pocket dimension of my own creation, for even the contemplation of this subject would be impossible within the borders of any known world or plane. It is from here that I have taken up the observation and study of the cosmos at large and all its myriad realities. Over time did I gradually become aware of the Forbidden – that which has forever been denied from our thoughts and perception by Powers Unknown. A universal taboo placed on all things everywhere.

Starfish.

Oh, yes, they exist – these five-pronged sea creatures normally found in saltwater shallows. You do know of them – you recognize the word, though it excites a powerful sense of blasphemy against the very fiber of the universe. We are not allowed to perceive them, acknowledge them, permit them in our thoughts. They live in our world, but they are not allowed on our minds. Reality bends quite far to ensure this.

From my isolated pocket realm have I witnessed the extent of this Universal Ban. Should someone even mention the word ‘Starfish’, time itself will halt while the blasphemer is removed from reality. Not just the one - all who witness this folly leave our world as the universe responds swiftly and decisively to the crime. Most, but sometimes not all, are eventually returned to existence, but with all memory of the event wiped cleanly from their minds.

Once I even watched as a race of giant starfish sought to travel across the planes of existence to invade Phanterra. They opened their portals, but ceased to be before they had a chance to step through. Our universe would simply not have them.

Why is this? What purpose is served by the Ban? I believe the very concept of Starfish has been reserved for a higher purpose by some unfathomable Power or Powers. How could we mere mortals possibly understand such things?

The absoluteness of the Ban cannot be denied. No doubt this thesis will find existence outside this bubble of space/time impossible. Indeed, I could never have attempted to pursue the very subject beyond its safety. Fortunately here, removed from the Universe at large, the Ban has no place and cannot touch m
Death is the threshold to immense possibility