Racism is alive and well in Muskegon. Copied from my LJ

Let the sane of mind not trod here!

Moderator: Admin

Ravinal
Town Member
Town Member

Racism is alive and well in Muskegon. Copied from my LJ

Post by Ravinal »

And with a heart as red as a swastika, racism has shown it's hand once again in my life. Yet ,this time it was my choice on whether or not to push foreward notice. While at home and bored I was going through different sites to find someone to talk to. On MySpace I was looking around and came to a person who was obvious and proud in their racist ideals. I find that a rare thing much more now-a-days. Most are either violently racist, yet private in their presentation or they just don't want to share their ideals in fear of being ostracized. *funny that*

Yet for some reason I decided to respond to this profile, not because of being offended, but because I wanted to find out why this person turned out this way. Her profile reads as such:

"White people...I dont get this area at all, we had black,mexicans and asians where i was from and ya know what,the white people stayed away from them..but around here it seems like all the white girls i have met like nothing but black guys. Whats up with that where i was from they were nothing but niggers...and ya know what all the blacks around here and nothing but niggers too. Whats up with these michigan girls who think black guys are so cool. Seems to me they do nothing but sit on their porches and drink colt 45 and smoke weed. Real winners!!! Hey for all you girls that like black guys, I hope you want to be ghetto the rest of your life. Once you go black WE dont want you back remember that!!!!"

My message to her:

"You really like to generalize people don't you. I don't do any of the stuff you said about black men. Amazing how you think so much of yourself and so little of others."

To which she replied:

"nice big lips ...nigger"

To this I smiled. I know it was ment to try and hurt my feelings. It did nothing of the sort. It only egged me on. I think to watching VH1's most sexiest people and how their most sexiest person of 2005 is Angelina Jolie. A person who is renown for her full huge lips. And in that term nice big lips has become the new hotness.

My responce:

"Thank you. Im sorry that you are really ugly in many ways."

She did not get my meaning. I could see from how many men had saved themselves to her profile that she was apparently popular. She seemed quite fit as well, looking as though she'd spent hours a day exercising.

Her reply:

"hey at least i am white...and white is right!!!"

And with this responce, I found my reason for why she was the way she was. My assumption that her environment had a major factor in her ideals seemed correct enough. Even though looking through the profiles of the others saved to her, no others were as openly racist about their ideals. Yet with this she admitted that she though of herself as ugly. And therefore feeling the need to put others down in order to make herself feel better. I am still not sure why I even started this conversation, yet I had found the answer I wanted. And so I replied and ended the conversation with:

"Whatever you need to say to yourself to help make the day go by."

And for some reason, I can't help but smile; and yet feel alittle sad for her upbringing.

Afew months ago, my cousin was in a local bank, when he was handed a letter. I am sorry to say that I can not type word for word what was in the letter, for we no longer have it. Yet, I will say that it described how proud apparently that white America was that black people were killing each other off. It went into how they would tolerate jungle fever; for now. And that black people were pretty much doing their job for them. Well, I do have to say this again, to whoever originally wrote it: You really like to generalize people don't you.

To close, I feel it's ok to hate a person for being an asshole, yet to hate a people for stereotypes is just plain ignorant. So many miss out on a lot of life because of that.
deceased
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

My only comfort is the thought that these people will someday learn just how wrong they have been. They will stand before the Light and see their hate and ignorance with clear eyes, and no punishment set upon them could even begin to touch the shame and regret they will know.
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Im confused!

Ravinal are you black?
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

People

Post by Nelkie »

One of the reason I like to roleplay with this group is the majority of the people look through people fasades, barriers, color of skin, etc and see the people who they truely are. Roleplaying has a way of doing that. I havre made many new friends because of Larp and I'm looking foward to making many more as time goes on. We all have our differences and opinions, but I try to live by the golden rule, treat others as you would want to be treated.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

I hate LARPERs.

To generalize, they're all annoyingly imaginative.
Death is the threshold to immense possibility
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

This reminds me of what one of my 7 year old students said in martial arts class last week. "Black people are mean." My jaw just kinda hung open there for a second. He then specified about another student (who wasn't even black but rather middle eastern). I tried to explain to him that someone being mean has nothing to do with how the person looks, but in the middle of class, I didn't have much time. Amazing, what comes out of kids (and adults) mouthes sometimes.

(Is it sad that at first I thought there was going to be a reference to elves, or orcs in here? :D )
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Well we all know that black is the EVIL color. White is the good color, and Green is the Horny color. Fear the martians they come for our woman!
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Onyksi Rin'oviryn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onyksi Rin'oviryn »

i thought green was envy?
Let me be the one you need, I shall be the one you feed. All I am and all you see, is all I will and ever be.

Onyksi del Rin'oviryn
"Nuk"
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

envy/horny, it's all the same... if you ain't getting any, you're both.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Midnight
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Midnight »

wait... aren't you a dark elf? Elves are racist too?!
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Shale walks out in a Hitler mustache, "Vat du ju tink leipshen Midnight?"
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

I hate mustaches.

In general, they're all hairy.

And Democrats.
Death is the threshold to immense possibility
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

"I hate people who are intolerant of other people's cultures... And the Dutch."

Who knows this one?
Doctor Erasmus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Doctor Erasmus »

Great line from Goldmember!!

Farkkin' dutch anyhow... ;)
Brago
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Brago »

Assholeness (that's a new word) cuts across all social. economic and ethnic backgrounds.
People like that will always be out there Ravinal. Especially if you go looking. Every race and culture has them. Just don't bother yourself with people like that because there are plenty of good people out there.
Take this LARP for example. I came out to Final Haven last November for my first time LARP ever and I didn't meet one asshole!