The office Harry Potter Thread...(Last Book Stuff)

Let the sane of mind not trod here!

Moderator: Admin

GM_Chris
GM

The office Harry Potter Thread...(Last Book Stuff)

Post by GM_Chris »

We never got to discuss this so I am making a thread so if you have not read the last book then stop reading. I have no sympathy for those who have not read it yet.

SNAPE is a bad guy, but a bad guy who is on Harry's side

Now discusss :)
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Okay.. I thought you ment the last book in the series. I see now that you are reffering to The Half-Blood Prince (snickers at Matt).

Yes, I wasn't suprised as to who was going to die in the book, but I didn't want to believe who did it. I still don't.

Though Harry says he's not going to return to Hogwarts for the last year, I'm betting he gets persuaded to go back.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Well Snape was put into a bad position.

Infact Dumblehead and snapes argument yearly in the book was precicely over killing dumblehead
Chris
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

It's been awhile since I read it, so my grasp on the little details may be rusty. Plus, as we all know, I am oblivious, so I always miss things...

I personally think there was more to it than Snape just flat out killing Dumbledore. I mean, yes, Dumbledore is dead, without a doubt. But if you look at the end of the book, Snape was in good position to either kill or capture Harry and didn't do either, especially after Harry accused him of being a coward. Snape was really upset by that comment. I think because Dumbledore was the only person who always trusted him and it took a lot for him to carry out the plan.

I think it was always a part of the plan that if Snape got put into that position, that he should kill Dumbledore. I just don't see Dumbledore as the begging type. I believe that repeately in the book Dumbledore consistantly said he was expendible.

And that's what I have to say about that. Lol.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Talana Isilisurë »

Dude...

I'm calling it now: Snape is working for the good guys, Dumbledore isn't really dead, and Ron and Hermione hook up this next book.

Anyone care to bet on any of those three certainties? :)
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
"Seere ana ilya..." ("Peace to all...")
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Yes..Dumbledore is dead

Though he may still make an appearance
Chris
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Yeah, he's dead...it would be really cheap if he wasn't. A deus ex machina or however that goes...but I agree that he still may show up.

I like Snape...but I'm a freak I guess.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.